Photo

Which Is The Exact Moment When I Can Get Banned?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 SergioNext

SergioNext

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 01:01 PM

Hi guys, I'm new in this forum and it's great!!

I'd like to know which is the exact moment when I can get banned.... for exemple, if I try to connect to xbox live I can get immediately banned? I'd like to know if I try to make the automatic detection and the xbox says at the and of the list:

- connected cables
- configured ip adressess
- resolved dns

CONNECTED TO XBOX LIVE

I can get banned in this point? Or to get banned I have to create my account?

thanks a lot wink.gif

Edited by SergioNext, 12 June 2004 - 01:02 PM.

#2 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 June 2004 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (SergioNext @ Jun 12 2004, 03:01 PM)
CONNECTED TO XBOX LIVE

That means you are connected to M$ servers.... if you have your modchip on at that time, that does mean you are banner, either you have or if you don't have an xbl account, since M$ check the BIOS you're connected with and not the account.

So basically, to answer your question, the exact moment you get banned, is the exact moment you connected to Live with your ModChip ON.

Edit: By the way... Wellcome to the forum buddy. beerchug.gif

Edited by Lord Magnus, 12 June 2004 - 04:52 PM.

#3 SergioNext

SergioNext

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 04:54 PM

thanks for the reply!

wink.gif

#4 j4ever

j4ever

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 04:58 PM

so if it says that it cannot connect to xbox live, can this mean that you are banned?

#5 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 June 2004 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (j4ever @ Jun 12 2004, 06:58 PM)
so if it says that it cannot connect to xbox live, can this mean that you are banned?

Not really. If it say that you can not connect to live due to modified hardware/software, then your banned.

The can Not connect or the could not asign DNS and that kind of stuff is usually a problem with your router, if your using one, or something that it's not configured right like static IP for example.

So untill you see that "Modified hardware/software" message, you just have to worry about trying to find out what the proper settings are for your xbox and ISP.

Cheerz!

beerchug.gif

#6 SergioNext

SergioNext

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (Lord Magnus @ Jun 13 2004, 08:18 AM)
Not really. If it say that you can not connect to live due to modified hardware/software, then your banned.

The can Not connect or the could not asign DNS and that kind of stuff is usually a problem with your router, if your using one, or something that it's not configured right like static IP for example.

So untill you see that "Modified hardware/software" message, you just have to worry about trying to find out what the proper settings are for your xbox and ISP.

Cheerz!

beerchug.gif

ok.... so I have a D-Link DSL 504 Router and I have the same j4ever problem, "cannot connect to xbox live"

the other detection points, like cables connected, ip configuer and dns are ok, but the last point isn't ok: "cannot connect to xbox live"

I'm becoming crazy, I think my router's settings are ok, can you give me some suggestions on how to configure this router for xbox live?

thanks a lot! wink.gif

#7 NeOnRaBbIt

NeOnRaBbIt

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 June 2004 - 12:36 PM

does it say anything about why it wont connect, it usually does for me. i was having a mtu (maximum transition unit i think it is) problem for a while so i had to edit some settings on my router.

#8 SergioNext

SergioNext

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (NeOnRaBbIt @ Jun 13 2004, 02:36 PM)
does it say anything about why it wont connect, it usually does for me. i was having a mtu (maximum transition unit i think it is) problem for a while so i had to edit some settings on my router.

which settings for exemple?

#9 Acetylene

Acetylene

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 03:49 PM

After it fails to connect it usually gives a page that will have an error message, such as "DNS not resolved", and possible solutions to the problem.

#10 SergioNext

SergioNext

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Acetylene @ Jun 13 2004, 05:49 PM)
After it fails to connect it usually gives a page that will have an error message, such as "DNS not resolved", and possible solutions to the problem.

the message that it says is "xbox live not found"

the others steps are ok

#11 Acetylene

Acetylene

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 04:45 PM

http://www.xbox.com/...ve/con-live.htm

That's the site with the info for that error message.

#12 bugman3764

bugman3764

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:45 PM

I am thinking of setting up a live account. As stated in the first message, I can connect to live and get no error messages. Does this mean that it is safe to set up an account and use my subscription card? Or after subscribing, would it then tell me I am banned? The reason I ask is, while I have never used my xbox (with the chip on) to connect to live I always have to worry if anyone else had done it in the past by mistake. Thanks.

#13 Acetylene

Acetylene

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 10:07 PM

I'm pretty sure that when I had gotten banned it was giving me the console modded message on the troubleshooter. It must have been because it was on the MS dash and prior to the Live 2.0 update.

#14 bugman3764

bugman3764

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:07 AM

I guess I will go ahead and use my subscription and see what happens. I really only got it so I can get the new Links courses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users