• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dawg

Dawg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 01:08 PM

OK guys i need some help i am relatively new to the xbox mod scene so please be gentle. I have just had my box modded the guy that did the mod changed the bios so no chips invloved.
I installed bigger drive (Hitachi Deskstar 160gb 7K250) then used FireF***ers install disk this formatted and installed front end.
I can see drives C: 499mb D: cdrom E: 4.881mb F: 123.408 X: 749mb Y: 749mb Z:749mb.
My problem is i am missing approx 30gb, looking at the forums it looks like this should be on G: i have this drive enabled in EVOX settings but it just labels it as G: 0.
Also if i go into EVOX settings it says Bios version is unknown ?, but there is a Kernel version.

Any Help will be greatly appreciated.
sad.gif

#2 dsscircuits

dsscircuits

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 04:23 PM

Take your xbox back and tell the guy to flash your box to something that supports more than 137gig.

#3 Dawg

Dawg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 05:35 PM

If it is the bios that is causing it not to see the rest of the drive then i will reflash, but where do i get correct bios from, and how do i find out what Bios he has used because Evox isnt listing it.

#4 theultimatechuff

theultimatechuff

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 June 2004 - 11:27 AM

What is the value for the kernal number?

You can try formatting the G drive, check the tutorial for formatting via FTP on xbox-scene's tutorials page and do that just for partition 7.

#5 KleptoMod

KleptoMod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 04:13 PM

EvoX doesn't display your BIOS version because you don't have the hash values for that bios in your evox.ini file. The "Kernel Version" that it displays will let you know what bios you have. I suggest you flash your chip with the X2 4983.67 BIOS (it supports the G: partition for HDs greater than 137 GB).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users