Photo

Any Of Theses Happy Ass Lackies Install..

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Frank (the spank)

Frank (the spank)

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 12:27 AM

God damn I wish I could get a straight answer or even my question sorta addressed from theses asshats that I am giving $100+ to!

I am shopping around to have my ver. 1.1 Xbox modded. I want a X2 (when it's in stock, I can wait) and for them to install the chip and flash whatever BIOS and install whatever software on the HD that I need.

I will pay for this, but do any of theses retards do it?!? Because I can't get a fucking straight answer!

I wanna play backups and make backups out of the box. But all they say is that they install the chip... so will I need to flash the BIOS? Install Evox? What else will I need to do? I have sent 20 e-mails out and get replaies like "we're out of stock" "Yes." "I like fluffy clouds in happy land"

grrrrr!!

Any recomendations would be great. Thanks to the members of Xbox-Scene for any help, more than theses so called "businesses" are cappable of.

#2 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 January 2003 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Frank (the spank) @ Jan 6 2003, 07:27 PM)
God damn I wish I could get a straight answer or even my question sorta addressed from theses asshats that I am giving $100+ to!

I am shopping around to have my ver. 1.1 Xbox modded. I want a X2 (when it's in stock, I can wait) and for them to install the chip and flash whatever BIOS and install whatever software on the HD that I need.

I will pay for this, but do any of theses retards do it?!? Because I can't get a fucking straight answer!

I wanna play backups and make backups out of the box. But all they say is that they install the chip... so will I need to flash the BIOS? Install Evox? What else will I need to do? I have sent 20 e-mails out and get replaies like "we're out of stock" "Yes." "I like fluffy clouds in happy land"

grrrrr!!

Any recomendations would be great. Thanks to the members of Xbox-Scene for any help, more than theses so called "businesses" are cappable of.

What metro area are you in? IS it in the States, Canada? Autstralia? Europe?? Where?

Heck, for a $100, I'll put it in for you.

#3 KazuyaWaruasobi

KazuyaWaruasobi

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 January 2003 - 01:07 AM

lol Sounds like they're a bunch of idiots to me. I'll do it for you. Give me an email. I'll help you out. kazuyawaruasobi@hotmail.com

#4 Nakor

Nakor

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 01:19 AM

Take a look at the tutorials, especially the life after a mod-chip one for full details.

In short what most people do is:

• Install a mod-chip
  • Replace the HDD
  • Install a dashboard, usually EvolutionX
  • Install their games, homebrew apps, etc.

The instalelr will usually only complete step one, maybe two and leave you to do the rest yourself.

Nothing apart from installing the chip requires any soldering (unless it's a Matrix) and so most people can do this themselves with a little help from the tutorials.

#5 Frank (the spank)

Frank (the spank)

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 06:50 AM

Thanks guys!

I'll have to see that "life after mod chip" guide, sounds like what I need. It was just makin me mad that theses mod places would avoid my question.

I would send it to one of ya but my boss also wants to have his Xbox modded and we wrre gonna send both of ours in to be modded. He just wanted it all ready to go out of the box and I don't have a lot of time so I figured the same. He didn't wanna send it to "someone on a message board" like how I had my PS2 modded even though it all went well, maybe I can convince him, lol

As big as the solder points are I figure maybe I can try it myself, I use to do micro soldering when I worked at Intel. thing is when I screwed up soldering in a beta chipset to an ATX board I had a stack of ones I could replace it with that cost Intel pennies.. screw up my Xbox and thats $200... ouch.

#6 blueinfinity

blueinfinity

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 06:54 AM

find some one to do it for u lol. im in canada. prarie region. email me if im close

blueinfinity@shaw.ca

#7 luma

luma

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 02:31 PM

i think the reason everyone you've spoken to is being dodgy about flashing and about your ability to play backups is that those two things are illegal. essentially, you've sent them email telling them that you want a modchip for illegal purposes, and you'd like them to load illegal software onto the chip. if they're smart they won't give you a direct answer on your question, but will probably flash it and set it up for you anyway.

it's like walking into a smoke shop/head store in the us and proclaiming to the clerk that you just got an ounce of the greenest hawaiian buds and you want a nice new bong to smoke some weed in. most places won't sell you a pipe at that point, because you've made your illegal intent known.

#8 blueinfinity

blueinfinity

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 02:57 PM

where are u located? we willsee who we can find you.

#9 biosboy

biosboy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 03:00 PM

$100 to insall ? jesus thats a bit expensive

Avarege deal around $25

#10 Frank (the spank)

Frank (the spank)

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 08:23 PM

Well, $100 includes the price of the chip. A bit much but if they can do EVERYTHING for me then I don't mind paying a bit more.

How are theses things illegal? I want a mod chip, not illegal, how is the BIOS illegal? Or the dashboard? As I see it theses things are not illegal if I choose not to do illegal things with them. Making a backup of software I legally purchased is not illegal. I didn't mail them saying "yeah I wanna rent games at blockbuster and make copies of them" lol

"Backup" "Import", ya know...

I'm in Stockton CA, USA

I think I might solder in the chip myself, I'm still thinkin about it.

#11 luma

luma

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 10:14 PM

anything outside of the cromwell rom (all evox and xecuter roms for example) are using a hacked MS bios, which is illegal.

then there's this:

sounds to me like you told them straight out what your intentions are. the DMCA makes it illegal to bypass technological copy protections, and by making backups of copy protected works you are in violation of the dmca. i know it sucks, but that's the way it is.

of course, you and i and everybody else on this board knows what the deal is, just try to be a bit more subtle with the dealers - their ass is on the line if a phed decides to stick their balls to the wall on this.

#12 Frank (the spank)

Frank (the spank)

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 11:18 PM

I worded it differently than I did here. But I didn't know that the BIOS and Evox were "hacked" versions of MS's software/firmware.. I thought it was completly re-written, not taken and then changed. So yeah... sounds illegal to me, lol

Thanks for the help guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users