• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KidComic

KidComic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 05:54 PM

I am getting a "...disk error..." when running MTX Mototrax from my Xbox HD.
Verry similar to what I've read about Harry Potter POA, and Ninja Gaiden.

When I tried to enter certain Motocross events in career mode, I get the black disk error screen. Then I updated my dashboard to the latest Xecuter 3935 and I was then able to enter the event and play through the game. However, it still crashes when trying to select certain Rider Gear. (File Names too long) And Right After the 2nd race against the RedNeck guy at the Everglades. (when you race him to the Water Tower and back)

I've tried Avalaunch 4960? the EvoX-M7 bios, but it still crashes at the above areas.
(Waiting for Xb-tool to support X2 4983 so I can try that bios...)

I tried ftp'ing the game from the DVD drive to PC, patching using Hubevolutions XbePatcher03?, but then when I FTP it back to the Xbox, I get 70 file transfer errors due to File Names being Too Long. (Tried FlashFXP, WinFTP Pro and I.E.)

I've tried patching it with the .acl file using Dvd2xbox057. Same thing.
Haven't checked my CLock settings yet. (*smack's self on head) But I am doubtfull. I may have to rent and try again with Dvd2xbox058. Still doubtfull.

Anyone have this working 100% allready ?
If so, How ? Thanks. Hope this helps others as well.

Oh yeah, for the H.P. and N.G. people, try the latest dashboards, they got me past a few levels... you never know.

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 June 2004 - 06:17 PM

Did you read the pinned tutorial?

Troubleshooting Game Backup Problems

That should give you a clear understanding of why would cause the DDE. Then you can better ascertain which specific problem you are having.

Good luck!

#3 Ataxonu

Ataxonu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:11 PM

This game needs a special tool for patching the game... The game is like Matrix in that it has tons of long file names... The guy who made the program has a post (search for it) on these forums for his patcher... Also, one thing to try is going to custom rider menu, boot color, and I think it is grey and a few others and see if that causes a crash... If it does then you must get his tool... Though I can't seem to find it???

Edited by Ataxonu, 15 June 2004 - 10:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users