• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SiMPiN

SiMPiN

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 06:10 AM

Yeah I didn't see any other forum that was related to this question so I just posted in here!

I've got my internet run from my modem into my MS MN-100 Wired Router, then cable going from the router to my XBox and PC... pretty easy stuff there.

The only problem is that connection speeds between the 2 are not the best. 400-500k/sec down from Xbox and 800-900k/sec up from PC is about the best speeds I see. I had my box hooked up to my friends comp the other day I I was gettin 3500k/sec dowon and 2000k/sec up.

Does anyone have any tips or anything that I could change to try and boost the speed? What do you guys average for speeds and whats your setup?

I am runnin WinXP with default drivers for my network card if that means anything.

Thanks for the help!

#2 blueinfinity

blueinfinity

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 January 2003 - 06:59 AM

check for drivers or get a cross over cable and try a pc-xbox connect then see. it may be your router

#3 Potenza

Potenza

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:CARS Racing, Computers and my children
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 January 2003 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (SiMPiN @ Jan 7 2003, 05:10 AM)
Yeah I didn't see any other forum that was related to this question so I just posted in here!

I've got my internet run from my modem into my MS MN-100 Wired Router, then cable going from the router to my XBox and PC... pretty easy stuff there.

The only problem is that connection speeds between the 2 are not the best. 400-500k/sec down from Xbox and 800-900k/sec up from PC is about the best speeds I see. I had my box hooked up to my friends comp the other day I I was gettin 3500k/sec dowon and 2000k/sec up.

Does anyone have any tips or anything that I could change to try and boost the speed? What do you guys average for speeds and whats your setup?

I am runnin WinXP with default drivers for my network card if that means anything.

Thanks for the help!

search wit slow ftp and find opjose's post on this.

#4 Urganmania

Urganmania

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 06:37 PM

I transfer to and from my Xbox at around 7500 to 8900 kb/s that is with a rj-45 cat-5 crossover cable using flash fxp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users