8 replies to this topic

#1 Tor Landeel

Tor Landeel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 May 2002 - 05:45 PM

My opinion is that Xbox ruled truly at E3 this year. With games such as Blinx, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Shen Mue 2, and Project Ego( tongue.gif ), MS destroyes Sony with his weak Line-up (apart from some titles) and Nintendo, altough the new Zelda and Metroid Prime were impressive.
I'm really looking forward to Blink, I can't wait!

#2 dpgames

dpgames

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 June 2002 - 01:42 AM

For me:
#1 - Anything/Everything by Lucas Arts
#2 - Blinx looks cool

#3 MdRT

MdRT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 June 2002 - 02:30 AM

I don't agree Sony had titles like: (I'm only going to mention games that will be on the PS2, that look original.)
Shinobi, SOCOM, JOJOs Bizarre adventure, Star Wars Bounty Hunter, Legaia Duel Saga, Devil May Cry 2, War of the Monsters, Rygar (Hope it's as good as the remake of G&G-Maximo), FFXI, that Dynasty Warriors RTS, and The Getaway, and this sweet looking western shooter that I can't remember.
The Xbox has: SW:KofOR, Splinter Cell, Project Ego, Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon, Shen Mue 2, and what else?

Both have other cool games like: Malice, MGS2 Substance, The Thing, Star Wars Galaxies, etc.

Most sites say that the GC had the best showing. Eventhough I like the console and resident evil rules, I didn't see too many games that I usually play.

#4 Frosted Frank

Frosted Frank

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 June 2002 - 02:34 AM

i think MS will eventually sell more xbox than ps2.. when developpers see what xbox can do compared to cube and ps2

#5 MdRT

MdRT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 June 2002 - 02:38 AM

C'mon the Xbox is great but even MSFT said they weren't expecting to win it this round. They said it themselves. It all comes down to who developers choose to make games for, and that is based on console sales.
I hope all 3 make it, look at all the great things it has brought us as gamers, good selection of games, quick price drops, even MSRP on accessories and games were dropped by Sony.

#6 linkycat

linkycat

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 June 2002 - 11:58 PM

Enough of the my system is better than yours crap. All three systems have strengths and weeknesses, and it's hard to look at one and say it had a greater showing.

MS won E3 over PS2 according to attendies just because there was more hype goin on for MS's line-up. While PS turned out some good titles, nobody was really there to see it happen, and it was murmerd often that Sony forgot E3 was happening. That doesn't mean there aren't some kickass things goin on up in Sonyland, it just means people are past all the hoop-lah. and Gamecube was given best of show because of the incredible ooh and ahh over Metroid which is to my understanding a graphic masterpiece. Not to mention the usual bull about Mario Sunshine, and all of the great info they gave out of Zelda.

MS would have maybe won if it completely unvieled the LIVE service at the conference, but when E3 rolled around it was already old news and the hype had seriously died down.

#7 The Legendary Rob

The Legendary Rob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 10 June 2002 - 11:50 AM

SPLINTER CELL kicked MGS2's ass @ E3!! biggrin.gif

#8 HyperBlue

HyperBlue

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 June 2002 - 03:32 AM

I think Nintendo was the winner this year. They drew hundreds with their free giveaway games and they had Matroid and though Zelda sucked, people still were curious to see it.

MS did a good job, but it just didn't grab me. At least I got some Shenmue tatoos laugh.gif

#9 einhan

einhan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 June 2002 - 04:14 AM

i LOVED jojo's bizarre adventure on DC biggrin.gif

(so much for originality) biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users