5 replies to this topic

#1 wazm0

wazm0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 11:29 AM

I have 90mm X 90mm Fan here doing nothing and i was wondering would putting it where the jewel is any good.

What would be better, air blowing into the case, or air blowing out.?

I also did a dvd window and i was wondering do i put the acrylic underneath the hole i cut, or make it flush with the top?

Edited by wazm0, 15 June 2004 - 11:30 AM.

#2 jacksparrow

jacksparrow

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:09 PM

this has been asked before....there is no room to put a fan on top of the case below the jewel....u obviously havent opened up ure xbox, or ude see the obvious answer...also, its near impossible to make the dvd window flush with the case...this too has been asked before. so many of these questions can be answered by just opening the case and factoring in a little common sense wink.gif

#3 kramit

kramit

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:10 PM

First off, I think I've read about others putting a fan in the jewel area and it did them little, to no good. If you want to do it anyways I say make the air blow out because the hdd is right there and could take some heat off of that.

Secondly, place it underneath the case.

#4 sk8phreak88

sk8phreak88

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:01 PM

jacksparrow Posted on Jun 15 2004, 02:09 PM
  this has been asked before....there is no room to put a fan on top of the case below the jewel....u obviously havent opened up ure xbox, or ude see the obvious answer...also, its near impossible to make the dvd window flush with the case...this too has been asked before. so many of these questions can be answered by just opening the case and factoring in a little common sense 

first, jacksparrow if i am correct i remember you asking this same question and making 5 other dumbass topics within 2 days. so you should not be talking.

second. no, there is no room for the fan to go under only on top, people have said that they dont get any real change in temps. oh and just put the acrylic under the case, might not look professional but it's a hell of a lot easier.

#5 kramit

kramit

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 01:48 PM

Actually I thought the acryllic(in my case, CD case cover) looks very nice under the case. just my opinion.

#6 wazm0

wazm0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 02:18 PM

thank you ppl

i will post pics of my case when its all finished

...also when i said about the fan on top, i meant on top of the case and not inside the case, but the outside.

Edited by wazm0, 15 June 2004 - 02:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users