• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 j_rock

j_rock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 06:00 PM

Ok, I read the tutorial written by rocky called "Install font exploit on unmodded by hotswapping HD with modded xbox (v0.1)" and I just want to know....

Instead of using his boxplorer/bert and ernie reloaded boot disk, can I use a Slayer's Disk?

Is there any possible way I can damage our xboxes? If so, how?

Quick answers please! I need to get this done by today!

#2 j_rock

j_rock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 06:31 PM

bump

#3 j_rock

j_rock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 07:52 PM

OK I got all the necessary files, and made the boot disk. Now all I need to know before I do this is what are the risks? Anyone?

#4 j_rock

j_rock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:09 PM

OK i did the transfer but now on my friends xbox it says "your xbox needs service"!!!! It can still play games, but I can't access the C drive, only the E drive! I think I might have forgotten to transfer some of the files so how do I fix my friend's box? Please someone help me!!

why is no one replying? Do i need to go to a diff forum?

#5 The Juggler

The Juggler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:15 PM

What error number is it giving you on his xbox?

Probably what happened is you loaded a new dashboard from slayers, but since it's not M$ signed, the default BIOS won't load it. It's possible to fix that, but it'll help if you have a savegame exploit loaded on that box.

#6 j_rock

j_rock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:18 PM

It doesn't show an error number, and I didn't use slayers, i used phoenix and bert and ernie reloaded.

#7 The Juggler

The Juggler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 10:47 PM

but I can't access the C drive, only the E drive!

So, how are you accessing the E drive?

are you sure it's not giving you an error number? It's in the upper left of the 'needs service screen'. If it still plays games, it must be dashboard related.
You'll need some way to access the C drive.

#8 j_rock

j_rock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 11:22 PM

Did you read the tutorial? I accessed the other box's e drive from boxplorer on my xbox cuz i loaded it then switched hard drives, if someone can please tell me how to access the c drive then I think i can put everything back to normal.

#9 The Juggler

The Juggler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:49 AM

Did you read the tutorial?

No... Did you post a link? Or should I waste my time looking for some tutorial that you read somewhere.

I think I found a tutorial that will help, I'd tell you where it is... but that would ruin the fun. Maybe if you google for 'fucked up my friends xbox'.

Okay, okay... So, boXplorer won't open the contents of C when you connect his drive? and when you boot his console it FRAGs with NO error code?

It sounds like maybe the partitioning of the drive got damaged? I'd boot his xbox to the error screen, Hotswap it to yours and boot an Evox disc that will let you format drive C. Format C. Then boot his again (it will error again since there won't be any dashboard), hotswap, boot Boxplorer on yours and see if that helps.

NOTE: You'll have to replace all his dashboard files. (besides just installing Bert and Ernie)

Edited by The Juggler, 16 June 2004 - 12:50 AM.

#10 j_rock

j_rock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 09:34 AM

sorry juggler, I didn't mean to get u mad or anything, btw the tut is here

Thank you SO MUCH for your help, I will have to try this once I get home from school.

#11 jaroc

jaroc

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 June 2004 - 01:25 PM

bump

#12 j_rock

j_rock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 06:15 PM

k, I'm in slayers in the format section, do i go to format retail hd, or restore retail hd to factory?

#13 The Juggler

The Juggler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 07:00 AM

I'd be careful with Slayers. I believe it's set up to Format ALL your Xbox drives. (which would result in losing all your savegame info). In this case you only want to Format C.

Although, if you don't care about the save game info at this point, I'd go with Restore Retail Hd to Factory.

Then you should be able ot try your Font Exploit again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users