• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 beelzee

beelzee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:44 AM

Is there a way to connect your xbox controller to your PC with all the functionality like analogue sticks and shit? If not, which PC game pad is pretty similar to the xbox? i have logitech's rumble pad. It lacks two buttons (the analogue stick buttons on the xbox controller).
Say I am able to connect my xbox controller to my PC, will i be able to use it to play halo on my PC perfectly? The reason is that I've been so used to playing halo with the controller that i am uncomfortable playing it with keyboard and mouse. None of my other friends have an xbox so we can only play together on the PC.

#2 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:54 AM

yes it's possible. you will need an xbox-to-usb adapter cable and download a XID driver. there are many different ones. you can try whichever you like but i prefer XBCD. (just search for "xid drivers" on google for different drivers)

#3 beelzee

beelzee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:11 PM

Thnx so much
but which drivers supports all the buttons (including force feedback?), is recognizable in games like halo and is generally the best?

Edited by beelzee, 16 June 2004 - 12:20 PM.

#4 beelzee

beelzee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:36 PM

which cable would you guys recommend? So far I've found:

http://www.lik-sang....hp?category=163

http://www.mm-vision...ruppe=xboxkabel

#5 ParqueDelLinkin

ParqueDelLinkin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 01:10 PM

Splice your own, like I did. I am having this problem w/ mine though:

I followed the directions in your FAQ and when I put the controller into the USB port it says:
"One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does
not recognize it."

I opened my Device Manager, and the controller was named Unkown Device. It says that "No drivers are installed for this device."

I open the Update Driver button and send it to where your prefered Driver is unzipped. But it gives me a message: "Cannot Continue the Hardware Update Wizard, could not find a better match than the one you have installed"

Obviously, I do not have one installed yet, and If I say "Don't search, I will choose the driver" and click "have disk" and browse to my folder it says "Specified Location does not contain information about your hardware"

Do you think I should just throw the thing away? Is there a better way to install the Driver than pressing "Update" (Since you can't update something that doesn't exist)

Do you know how to fix this?

#6 ParqueDelLinkin

ParqueDelLinkin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 01:11 PM

I basically want to know EXACTLY how to install a driver that isn't on a company made installation disk.

I have Windows XP.

#7 beelzee

beelzee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (beelzee @ Jun 16 2004, 02:36 PM)
which cable would you guys recommend? So far I've found:

http://www.lik-sang....hp?category=163

http://www.mm-vision...ruppe=xboxkabel

+ BUMP +

#8 beelzee

beelzee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (beelzee @ Jun 16 2004, 02:11 PM)
Thnx so much
but which drivers supports all the buttons (including force feedback?), is recognizable in games like halo and is generally the best?

+ bump +

#9 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 June 2004 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (beelzee @ Jun 17 2004, 10:17 AM)
+ bump +

i use the XBCD drivers. they are extremely configurable. if you don't like those, search google for "XID drivers". there are quite a few xbox gamepad drivers out there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users