• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Datoyminaytah

Datoyminaytah

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 10:40 AM

I seem to have a chicken-and-egg problem.

I have a 128M USB memory stick and an adapter to connect it to my Xbox controller.

It initially worked find in Windows ME. (Drive letter was assigned when I plugged it it.)

It works fine in my Xbox, after the initial message about needing to erase it. (Format it as FATX.)

When I connected the drive back to Windows ME, it didn't assign a drive letter. I figured out I had to set it to be a removable drive. After that, the drive shows up, but obviously can't be read, as it's FATX.

I tried to run ozxmemory. I only get an EAccessViolation error. Maybe it's not compatible with Windows 98/ME?

I ran ozxmemory on a Windows 2000 machine. Runs fine.

I plug the FATX formatted USB stick into W2K. Doesn't assign a drive letter. I can;t find anywhere to tell windows it is a removable drive! (Which worked on 98/ME.)

If I format the stick as FAT, then W2K recognizes it, but ozxmemory won't write an image to it unless it is formatted as FATX!

So, I need to either:

1. Figure out how to run ozxmemory on 98/ME

or

2. Figure out how to make Win2K assign a drive letter to the USB stick when it doesn't recognize the format.

Any ideas? (Yes, I tried google.)

#2 Datoyminaytah

Datoyminaytah

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 10:51 PM

So, should ozxmemory work on 98/ME? The readme doesn't even mention Windows at all. The forum mentioned in the readme is dead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users