1 reply to this topic

#1 lostsailor

lostsailor

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:06 PM

Trying to stream video from PC to XBOX. I have XBMC 06-06 CVS. I have the .strm file type added to my .xml file. I have created a .strm file with mms://media-wm.cac.washington.edu/ResearchTV Live This is the only thing in my .strm file. I have this file in the SMB share on My Music portion. I fire up XBMC. Goto My Music. I can see the music files i have shared and stream them all from PC. I also see the .strm file i created. When i select this it goes through some things and says Connecting... It then locks up my XBMC and I have to power off and back on. First off i guess i need to know if this is a valid stream? And second if anyone spots anything wrong with my setup. Also i have cable connection into WAN port on router. have PC and XBOX connected to router. Router gateway is 192.168.0.1 PC is 192.168.0.101. I have my xbox set to static ip. I have in .xml file <ipadres> set to dhcp. <netmask> set to 255.255.255.0 and <defaultgateway> set to 192.168.0.1. Any help or suggestions would be good. And can someone post a confirmed and tested stream that i can do some tests with.

#2 Softbone

Softbone

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:36 PM

Start by checking the xbmc log file on your xbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users