• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xtan

xtan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 03:24 AM

i've got an xbox that has a bad harddrive. i'm ordering a xenium modchip. i need to know how to prep and set up the harddrive since i don't have a valid one to ghost. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
xtan

#2 EvilGoodGuy

EvilGoodGuy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 June 2004 - 03:26 AM

You could use EvoX to prep, and Slayers to install core files. Are you sure its the hdd?

#3 xtan

xtan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 03:30 AM

pretty sure. when i attempt to access memory in the dashboard, it hiccups for several minutes until it gets to the harddrive screen. when i finally get there it states 0 memory available, 0 used. when attempting to start a game i get a message stating that it needs service and to contact ms, not error 7 mind you. i removed the harddrive and started up and got error 7. this is a v1.0. the dvd and cd drive work fine. i attempted to copy a cd but once again it states 0 blocks availabe 0 used.

#4 The Juggler

The Juggler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 07:21 AM

Yeah, the Slayer's Program is probably the best bet. It contains all the default files for a HD. It supposedly easy to use too, but it makes you an idiot when you actually have to do something yourself....

#5 xtan

xtan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 01:54 AM

thanks for the suggestion. i was wondering is it possible to replace the harddrive w/out the modchip or do i need to wait. i realize i need the info off the eprom. any suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users