• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TruGangsta

TruGangsta

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 02:19 PM

Okk..I had Phoenix runnning on my nonmodded xbox.
I ftp to my xbox, and installled XBMC in the C: directory and messed up everything. Now none of my Dashboards load so i cant access any menu to chek the the xboxs IP addres,to ftp back to the xbobx and take off the things that messed up the system.
Can somebody PLZZZZ help me with this.
I got the error 21 when i put any burned games or when the dvd drive is empty, but i can stilll play original games.
I just wanna reset things to normal, there must be a way. I needdd helpp 9-1-1.

#2 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 June 2004 - 02:45 PM

there are 2 solutions.
1) try the HD hotswap method with someone who has a modded xbox

2) buy a modchip and boot an evox disk so you can ftp

#3 StewPidasso

StewPidasso

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 03:12 PM

If you are connecting through a router, you should be able to look up the IP of the xbox in the router by it's mac address (you can do this as well on a managed switch, but most people don't have those).

#4 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (StewPidasso @ Jun 17 2004, 01:12 PM)
If you are connecting through a router, you should be able to look up the IP of the xbox in the router by it's mac address (you can do this as well on a managed switch, but most people don't have those).

this won't be of any use because if no dash loads, he won't get an ip and also won't be able to FTP (your dash needs to load for ftp to work)

UPADATE: i thought of another solution. if you still have your hacked exploit savegame on the HD, boot the game with the exploit (MA, 007 or SC) and load your hacked save so you can FTP (assuming the exploit loads a copy of evox)

Edited by atomiX, 17 June 2004 - 03:19 PM.

#5 TruGangsta

TruGangsta

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (atomiX @ Jun 17 2004, 05:15 PM)
UPADATE: i thought of another solution. if you still have your hacked exploit savegame on the HD, boot the game with the exploit (MA, 007 or SC) and load your hacked save so you can FTP (assuming the exploit loads a copy of evox)

I dont have an exploit savegame on my hd, i hotswapped my xbox to put my phoenix bios loader. When i try to hotswap now, i cant gain acces to the harddrive on hdd anymore. My pc doesnt detect the drive. I used to hotswap from the dashboard, when i hotswap from a game menu its not working. Is there anyway i can connect to my xbox????????because i think thats the only solution

#6 gorlock

gorlock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 04:30 PM

I had that same error when I tried the font exploits what I did was pulled out the cable right before the error came up and plug it in but you dont have alot of time I had to do it a few times before it worked though

#7 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (gorlock @ Jun 17 2004, 02:30 PM)
I had that same error when I tried the font exploits what I did was pulled out the cable right before the error came up and plug it in but you dont have alot of time I had to do it a few times before it worked though

yeah, the hot-swap method is all about timing. you may need to try it a few times for it to work. (read the tutorial on this in the tutorials section)

#8 spgurley

spgurley

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 June 2004 - 05:32 PM

look it up on the router, or use come comptuer prog if you can find one that pings all the ip's in a given rnage to c which ip's are taken
i wonder if a program like that even exists

but! if no dashboards even start up, there would be no use ftp'ing, because there is no ftp server running on the xbox

then again, maybe i completely misunderstanded you and didnt help at all

#9 StewPidasso

StewPidasso

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 05:51 PM

Yes, are there are many programs that do that. The one I use the most is made by Solar Winds (www.solarwinds.net). IF he can get the dash to load then he can do a ping sweep (or an inverse-mac lookup) on the network & find his IP address.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users