#1 Seraphim01

Seraphim01

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 June 2004 - 02:54 PM

I have evox on my xecuter2.3pro and I was wondering how do I upgrade it to the newest on? Also I have heard about a program that is called dvd2xbox and I have located it, my question is do I just burn it to a disc and and just ftp it from my xbox to my pc and back again as if it where a game? I thank anyone who replies to such a newbies question wink.gif unsure.gif

#2 K-MeTAL

K-MeTAL

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 03:08 PM

i'll reply because i hate it when my questions get 0 replies, and i hope people "pass it on" by helping out the noobiest noobs

ok you kind of confused me, but i'll go through it

DO THIS BY FTPing to your xbox

put the folder of that dvd2xbox program in a program on your f drive called apps

then you should be able to access it

ok with this program you can burn the dvd to your xbox, then later ftp it to your computer....only you need a encoder or something once its on your computer in order to combine all the necessary files and make it into a .avi or divx file

you could also probably create a virtual drive and watch it like that but the dvd itself takes up so much space

you need to have a bigger xbox harddrive before you do it, not the factory one

because dvd's can be up to 7 gb in size or more

oh and to upgrade the evox....just replace the old evox.xbe file with the new one, but you renamed it probably to xboxdash.xbe (this is all in the C: drive)
that should do it

---------------------------------------------------------
EVERYONE HELP OUT THE NOOBS

Edited by K-MeTAL, 17 June 2004 - 03:12 PM.

#3 Seraphim01

Seraphim01

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 June 2004 - 03:16 PM

Thanks, I have a 200 gig hard drive in my box so I could probable just create a new folder for dvds and put a app on for something to play them like xbox media player?

#4 InfernO8

InfernO8

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 June 2004 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Seraphim01 @ Jun 17 2004, 12:16 PM)
Thanks, I have a 200 gig hard drive in my box so I could probable just create a new folder for dvds and put a app on for something to play them like xbox media player?

Yeah, most apps that play media will come with the directories pre-made, if not it should tell you where to put them in a read me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users