2 replies to this topic

#1 ElementXP

ElementXP

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 11:29 PM

okay i have wired my controller up with 2 leds, there power source comes from the clips for the rumble pack. Everything goes well and the lights flicker on and off when it rumbles... Just what i wanted them to do... the problem is about 30 secs after i put the controller back together they left LED stopped working. So i replaced it.... Damm then the right one stopped working. So pretty much are the LED's burning out? or something?
even though still with one light attracted it doesn't have like a power surge and short?
or is it just cause the LEDs are like 2 years old. Any thoughts or suggestions on what it can do to get them both to work?

ohh and i am planning on replacing the LED's with the really bright blue ones, will i have to add resistors or anything before i install those ones, because they are a lot more expensive then that last batch of red and green LEDs.

Any thoughts or suggestion would be nice, Thx! sad.gif

#2 LinksAwakening

LinksAwakening

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 January 2003 - 12:06 AM

Yeah, it sounds like they are burning out. That is easily fixed by just putting in a resistor for each LED.

#3 blueinfinity

blueinfinity

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 January 2003 - 12:50 AM

i u can put more then that if u want.. i think 20 is the limit lol
make sure there paralel and not in order.. or wut ever

have all the positives touching. and all the negatives touching. this will power of hem the same..

but im nto sur ehow many it will hold liket his. i plan on doing it to one but havnt yet. i just do a lot of led work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users