No replies to this topic

#1 bubbrock316

bubbrock316

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:41 AM

Hi,

I'm having a problem with a dual NIC set up.

Everything works fine, the NIC cards both work, I can transfer files through the FTP to the Xbox and so on. The problem is, that I seem to only be able to fully use 1 NIC at a time.

When I was first using my Xbox with just the dual NIC set up, my cable connection wouldn't be useable while the Xbox was up, running, and connected. Nothing at all would connect, and anything that was would disconnect immediately.

Since then, a new router has been installed and now, theres a new conflict. The Xbox is still hooked directly to the 2nd NIC with a crossover acble, and when it's on, internet browsing still doesn't work, but now I can use a program like Trillian while it's connected. I was still connected to, and sending messages on Trillian while I was transfering a file to the Xbox, which I couldn't even do before the router.

I've been told this could either be a DNS issue, or possibly an IRQ conflict since I am using XP.

Is there any way to fix this problem just using the set up I have now? Or would hooking the Xbox up through the router instead of a direct connection through the crossover cable fix this?

Anyway, I think that's all the information relevant to the problem, though my knowledge of networking is really at a novice level (as you can probably tell). If it's not just let me know and I will be glad to post any other relevant info.

Thanks for reading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users