• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SyNacide

SyNacide

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 12:17 PM

I know everyone has probably asked this question many of times. I have Kernel 5713 and Dash 5659. Now from what I have been reading posts. My kernel cannot be soft modded?? Is this correct? If it is so what are my options for modding my x box?? If not how do I go about doing so.

#2 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 June 2004 - 12:23 PM

Correct you cannot use any software exploits except for the gamesave exploit.
So if you want to put in a game first and then run unsigned stuff ONLY from the hd you are fine. If you want a full modification you will have to take a look in the TSOP forum. It is really easy to tsop it cuz it's only a 1.4 xbox hardwarewise.

#3 SyNacide

SyNacide

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 12:50 PM

What do you mean by put in a game and run unsigned stuff?? Like I can play backed up games. I am looking to play backed up games off the hard drive and also play media files.

#4 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 01:00 PM

I meant you would have to put in a retail game every time you want to boot to the modded state and from there load your games/apps and stuff off the hd. I am not sure though if the nkpatcher which is used to remove the signature check also supports bigger hd's (it does support F drive) and/or it can be used on 5713's.

#5 SyNacide

SyNacide

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 03:18 PM

How would you do that method where I would have to boot everytime with a retail game?

#6 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 03:56 PM

you have to find a way to put an exploited gamesave on the hd for either 007 agent under fire, mechassault or plinter cell and then when you boot that game and load that save it brings you to another dashboard from where you can load unsigned code. for more info take a few peeks on the gamesave exploits forum. there are some nice tutorials around. Rember you can ONLY use that gamesave exploit and not anything else mentioned frequently like font or audio hacks.

Edited by krayzie, 18 June 2004 - 03:57 PM.

#7 devz3ro

devz3ro

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 04:17 PM

krayzie,

I am trying to get in contact with team complex, as they may have the solution to the "5713" kernel curse. If my theory permits, the only thing that needs changing in the complex !loader is the .dll. Only problem is:

1. ROE would be enabled (K: 5713)
2. It would have to be executed from 007 / mech / splinter (K: 5713)
3. No IGR unless using evox (K: 5713)

So after all it would only be a solution to 5530 kernel users.

I havent had a chance to take a look at rmenhal's nkpatcher, I'll do that when I get home.

-devz3ro

http://sh0x.tk/

#8 SyNacide

SyNacide

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 04:44 PM

Thanks so much for the help. biggrin.gif

#9 Grospolina

Grospolina

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:54 PM

When you're looking through the Gamesave Exploits forum, you have to be aware of something: Some people mistakenly think that they are using a gamesave exploit when they are actually using a dashboard exploit. It can be very confusing. Here are some things to make a note of:

- A gamesave exploit may be used to install a dashboard exploit. Dashboard exploits do NOT work properly on kernel 5713.
- There are several gamesave packages that do this for you. The names are not always clear. This is why people get confused.
- If it installs any files like *.XTF or ST.DB, then it is a dashboard exploit.
- If it tells you to downgrade your dashboard, this is a dashboard expliot. Do NOT downgrade on kernel 5713.
- People often ask dashboard exploit questions on the Gamesave Exploits forum.
- Phoenix BIOS Loader (PBL) will NOT work on kernel 5713.

#10 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (devz3ro @ Jun 18 2004, 06:17 PM)
krayzie,

I am trying to get in contact with team complex, as they may have the solution to the "5713" kernel curse. If my theory permits, the only thing that needs changing in the complex !loader is the .dll. Only problem is:

1. ROE would be enabled (K: 5713)
2. It would have to be executed from 007 / mech / splinter (K: 5713)
3. No IGR unless using evox (K: 5713)

So after all it would only be a solution to 5530 kernel users.

I havent had a chance to take a look at rmenhal's nkpatcher, I'll do that when I get home.

-devz3ro

http://sh0x.tk/

Actually that complex loader idea was floating around some time. When the 5530 and it's problems were coming out people sugested that allready. Too bad we didn't had a genius like Rmenhal at the time who fixes up a solution for everything in just a moment somehow. I didn't test his patcher all that much and certainly not on a 5530 but it really has potential imo. And for the 5713...it really seems a real pain in the ass putting in game everytime. If we could only find a flaw in a newer dash.....

#11 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Grospolina @ Jun 18 2004, 08:54 PM)
When you're looking through the Gamesave Exploits forum, you have to be aware of something: Some people mistakenly think that they are using a gamesave exploit when they are actually using a dashboard exploit. It can be very confusing. Here are some things to make a note of:

- A gamesave exploit may be used to install a dashboard exploit. Dashboard exploits do NOT work properly on kernel 5713.
- There are several gamesave packages that do this for you. The names are not always clear. This is why people get confused.
- If it installs any files like *.XTF or ST.DB, then it is a dashboard exploit.
- If it tells you to downgrade your dashboard, this is a dashboard expliot. Do NOT downgrade on kernel 5713.
- People often ask dashboard exploit questions on the Gamesave Exploits forum.
- Phoenix BIOS Loader (PBL) will NOT work on kernel 5713.

Yeah thanks Gros for emphasizing that part. There is lots of confusion on what a gamesave exploit and dashboard exploit actually is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users