#1 frescoelamante688

frescoelamante688

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 June 2004 - 07:47 PM

Ive been messing around with the layout of my new case and i came across a question. Is it bad to mount the power supply directly over the heatsink? The case will have 3 80mm fans so will heat be a factor?.

#2 crazy8

crazy8

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:14 PM

well i dont know how big your case is but from what i have read in the stock XBOX case even 1 80mm fan helps.a few things u might want to consider though.

1)maybe place a fan somehow to blow onto the heatsink since it does generat quite a bit even if it just sitting.
2)I would also suggest putting somekind of barrier between the heatsink and PSU.i would hate to find out that a spark or somthing made contact with the heatsink.If that were to happen u would have a very nice one of a kind paperweight.
overall though i think u r probably going to be pretty safe otherwise.

#3 frescoelamante688

frescoelamante688

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:20 PM

Heres a diagram i sketched up real quick. There will be plexi between each component so no worrys about sparks/shorts.

user posted image

Edited by frescoelamante688, 18 June 2004 - 08:28 PM.

#4 crazy8

crazy8

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:38 PM

OK b4 i say anything else...DO NOT USE PLEXI.learn from my mistake i toasted my CPU on a computer i built not thinking.plexi is a magnit for static..what u want is LEXAN...If u use plexy u will ruin everything.
I do however think that if u did rpleace the plexy(that u arnt going to use or else...lol) with lexan and did it the way the diagram shows i think u will be a ok... biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users