#1 SargeZT

SargeZT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:17 PM

Alright, here's the problem. I'm doing everything every tutorial tells me to do while Hot Swapping. First, I turn on the XBox, get it into the menu, and leave it for ten minutes. After that, I quickly disconnect the IDE cable from the XBOX, and plug it in on the Secondary IDE Channel on my computer. I start the computer immediatley up, and it detects the drive. I start into Windows.

It detects the hard drive with no problem. However, when I try HDD Driver or Fat-X-Plorer, it tells me no drive is detected. It is a version v1.0 XBOX, with a Samsung Drive. If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm running Windows XP Pro SP1, if that helps any.

#2 Kolk1604

Kolk1604

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 June 2004 - 03:03 AM

Your HD is still locked. And your suppose to let it sit until the HD spins down which takes about 45 minutes. I find theres two easier ways to unlock your drive.

1. With Windows XP boot, turn on your Xbox and pull out the IDE cable right when your Xbox is transitioning from the opening splash screen, to the MS Dash. If done correctly, the box will freeze on the MS Dash's green web background.

2. Play a game with an intro movie that plays non stop (Jet Set Radio Futre, for example) let it run for about a minute and then hotswap.

These methods are guranteed to work. I have had success with both.

Good luck biggrin.gif

#3 Musashi

Musashi

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:Halo, Halo 2, other videogames, and my girlfriend.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 19 June 2004 - 03:14 AM

Hotswap with another xbox, no need for drive spindown.

#4 SargeZT

SargeZT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 07:24 PM

If I do hotswap with my Modded XBOX, is there anyway to do it other than Burning a DVD or CD-RW with Boxplorer or something on it?

#5 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 June 2004 - 01:22 AM

if you got a modded xbox its easy. buy a standerd memery card send the gamesave hack to it. then use the memcard and send the save to your stock xbox. your all set man.

#6 ..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
  • Interests:I am a sophmore in JROTC @ Theodore Roosevelt High School in San Antonio , TX
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 20 June 2004 - 02:46 AM

Try Unleash X

#7 komodox

komodox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 05:23 PM

I find that whole method of hotswapping to be total BS. It takes wayy too long and you still never know if it's going to work.

I've hot swapped quite a few xboxes, and multiple times when I've done it. This is my method:

Turn your PC on. Press the pause/break key to pause the ram counter. (A PC does the ram check before checking any IDE cables, this is why you do it here). You should also have your secondary IDE cable empty so you can use it easily.

Next power up the Xbox with no disc in. You get that blob image thing which then forms itself into the big X for XBOX. The key here is TIMING.

As soon as that blob begins turning into the X, your drive is UNLOCKED! Quickly unplug the IDE cable, and plug in the computer IDE cable. (The drive is still powered by the Xbox).

A good way to tell when to swap the cables is right when the screen shows a slight hint of yellow. Remember try and be quick with the swap!

---

That's all there is to it. Press a key to allow the computer to continue booting up, and hope the swap worked. If it didn't, try again without waiting half an hour between attempts, you can do it right away.

I personally don't like the windows programs for accessing the xbox drive. Instead I burned the xlinux ISO and setup the PC to boot from cdrom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users