• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 firemed1

firemed1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:31 PM

Ok new to xbox scene, but have mod chip and not affaird to use it! Just wanted to know which DVD burnner works best DVD + or - for backup of games? Also a certain online store which is direct to a tiger, has a burnner for 39$ is it any good and will it work for backup of games?? Thanks flamethrower.gif

#2 thehittmann

thehittmann

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:41 PM

Theres no specific best type of burner. Some xbox's have trouble reading dvd-r others have trouble reading dvd+r.

I think that the best option is to get a +/- burner that way you can burn whatever is best for your specific xbox.

I have the NEC ND-2500A 8x +/- burner with dual layer + bitsetting firmware.

#3 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:45 PM

I agree... dual format is the way to go. It's widely accepted, however, that -R media is the most compatible media overall. That's including PC drives, standalong players, video games consoles, etc.

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 June 2004 - 05:03 PM

yeah, dual format definately, but if your gonna get a DL burner get the NEC 2510, its only about 10 dollars more and it "officially" supports DL media, unlike the 2500 which was hacked to do so

#5 Crazy Priest

Crazy Priest

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 June 2004 - 07:38 PM

Do you know which is the best playable blank DVD for backing up a game??? DVD+R or DVD-R ???

Crazy Priest
CPU WebMaster

#6 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 19 June 2004 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (chefelf @ Jun 19 2004, 11:45 AM)
I agree... dual format is the way to go. It's widely accepted, however, that -R media is the most compatible media overall. That's including PC drives, standalong players, video games consoles, etc.

wink.gif

#7 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 June 2004 - 11:19 PM

Yup, virtually all drives (at least the good ones) are now dual format so it doesn't make sense to get one that just supports one over the other. With that said, I have an older burner that is -R/-RW only (Pioneer 105) and I don't miss the + format one bit. My G04 dye 4x Ritek DVD-R discs can be had for 64 cents a disc with shipping included and they have worked perfectly on all 3 of the stock XBOX DVD Drives that I have tried, 5 different versions of PS2s, 4 standalone DVD Players including a $40 Mintek and my Panasonic S-35 (which are well known for being picky with their media). Anyways the point is that -R tends to be just a little bit more compatible and a little bit cheaper than +R.

#8 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 June 2004 - 12:52 AM

yeah, i have a dual format but ive never burned a single +R, lol, -R are good for everything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users