• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 turd_ferguson007

turd_ferguson007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 06:08 AM

my modded xbox was fine until i accidently installed live from splinter cell. this wiped out my Evox 1.8.458 on the HDD and my original M$ dash (which i used to play DVD's). i got Evox back on and replaced "msxboxdash.xbe" with my original. Now evox works fine, but i get error 21 everytime i try to acces my MS Dashboard from evox or try to play a DVD. any suggetions?

#2 Jarrd

Jarrd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 06:28 AM

you could always start over and just recopy your c and e drives that you should have backed up in the beginning.

#3 turd_ferguson007

turd_ferguson007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 06:47 AM

well, i should have deffinatly backed it up. any other ideas?

#4 Jarrd

Jarrd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 06:58 AM

what do you mean when you say it wiped them off of your hdd... erased it?
if this is the case and you did not back up your hdd then i have heard that you should prob. search around for other backed up dashes, however i have heard before that the msdash is unique to the individual xbox. not sure if that is true or not b/c i have seen backed up dashes posted before. not sure if this is illegal to do so if it is don't do it. wink.gif

although I don't understand how you replaced your original files if you didn't back them up.

#5 noobiex2

noobiex2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 January 2003 - 07:04 AM

go here beerchug.gif

Edited by noobiex2, 08 January 2003 - 07:05 AM.

#6 turd_ferguson007

turd_ferguson007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 07:19 AM

sorry, i have a backup of my original, unmodded dashboard. i did not backup my c: or e: drives.

#7 Jarrd

Jarrd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 07:44 AM

i don't know much about live but perhaps it installed additional files onto your hard drive. in the root of my c drive on my xbox i have 24 files including the evox dash and ini, excluding folders. check to see if live installed additional files on your xbox that would be tripping this error. other than this i am just about to the point of which i know no more. continue to seek help, and in the meantime you can always use xbox media player to play your dvd's. i understand that it would be nice to have the xbox dash available but if your evox dash works fine you really don't need you xbox dash.

#8 turd_ferguson007

turd_ferguson007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 08:52 AM

i'm gonna try to reinstall live then reinstall evox. i've noticed that other people are using a live dashboard along with evox. if it doesn't work i could back up a c: and e: partition of another xbox w/o live on it and overwrite these drives on my box. if the dashboard.xbe is the only 'unit specific' file, this should work.

#9 Nakor

Nakor

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 09:04 AM

Error 21 is unusual.

If you can't re-install the MS dash why not use DVDx to play DVDs?

#10 turd_ferguson007

turd_ferguson007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 10:36 AM

i just found a couple of guides in the tutorial section that deal with my problem. must be new cause i didn't see them last time i checked. thanks for the help guys.

#11 MUTHAPHUQA1999

MUTHAPHUQA1999

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 11:43 AM

You have now got an updated copy of MSDASH on your xbox after Splinter Cell updated it, fix it by replacing the new MSDASH with the original MSDASH

I guess that would work wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users