#1 Mu5t4rD

Mu5t4rD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 June 2004 - 04:17 PM

I've tried 3 different types of media and none worked to put slayers or any other dashboard so im gonna try to put in my xbox hdd into my pc and put over the files i need that way.. i got hddunlock so i can unlock my hdd and hdd driver so i can view it. then i should beable to just transfer the files over that i need correct? Can this seriously ruin my xbox hdd or pc at all?

Thanks

Mustard

#2 Mu5t4rD

Mu5t4rD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:04 PM

ok So i went ahead and just tried it out and this is what happened
I have 2 hdd's, one with XP and one just as storage. I know I disconnected the correct one. So i have my XP drive as master and the xbox one as slave but when I boot it says error with slave drive f4 to resume. Well I know there is a problem with it, Its locked and not formatted to view in PC but thats what I have those programs for, so I f4 to continue then it just frezzes at the booting winxp screen.

#3 Mu5t4rD

Mu5t4rD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 09:19 PM

ok so that was a bad idea.. now i get frag on my xbox.. my pc musta done something to it when i connected it...

is there anyway i can put my orginal hdd back to the way it came so I can at least play games and watch dvds that i have.. i have a backup of my c drive but i cant access my xbox hdds to put it on..

i wannt at least get my original back to normal until i can fix up my 80gb..

p.s. my brother has an unmodded xbox so is there a way i can just copy is hdd to mine so i can play games/watch dvds.. i would like to save my saved games but not 100% necessary.. mainly just want to get my xbox working again

thanks

#4 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 June 2004 - 09:46 PM

you need to unlock the drive first in DOS using HDDunlock before loading winXP. to unlock your HD, you need the HD key.

to recover your screwed hd, you will need to boot an evox (or similar) boot disk with ftp. you could then see if you can access the drive contents. if not, just format the drive and re-install your files you backed-up. (at least the files on C:)

#5 Mu5t4rD

Mu5t4rD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 06:51 PM

ok ill try to get a boot disc working.. that was my problem before, couldnt get any media to recognize.

can i get my hdkey without bootdisc at all? i cant see it in xbox either

#6 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (Mu5t4rD @ Jun 21 2004, 04:51 PM)
ok ill try to get a boot disc working.. that was my problem before, couldnt get any media to recognize.

can i get my hdkey without bootdisc at all? i cant see it in xbox either

the only way to get your HD key is to backup the eeprom/hd info in evox and read hddinfo.txt. you can also open up configmagic and it will be written in the HD password field. there are other apps that can do this but you need to use a modchip or exploits to be able to run them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users