• 1,873 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:59 AM

WinUAEX Amiga Emulator port for XBox v2

what's New:

- Fixed screen tearing

- Should automatically switch to PAL50 mode for PAL users

- New Options

+ Adjustable CPU/Chipset finegrain tuning from 100% CPU/0% Chip to 0% CPU/100% Chip
Makes some games (e.g. Gloom) much more like the real thing

+ 1MB FastRAM

+ Sound quality - Exact/Slower, Good/Faster
Some games like Batman : The Movie have to think reeeeal hard when the sound
quality is exact and it results in very slow game play. Set it to Good/Faster
and things speed up to normal again.

- Fixed mouse bug with Frontier : Elite 2 AGA version

- Fixed bug with filenames inside zips containing '+' characters

- Fixed bug with launching large files from ISO9660 discs

- The image you select from the file-selection screen will now always boot regardless
of how your disk configuration has changed during gameplay.

- 5 hard drive slots instead of just one
Device name, volume name, read/only, boot priority are configurable now also

You'll need to re-configure your HD games in order for them to work.

Stella, Gnuboy, SMSPlus, FCEUltra, HUGO, NeoPop, DGen, Bochs, HUGO-CD,
FMSXBox, Bliss, WinSTon, Gens, Z26X, StepmaniaX, PCSXBox, XBoyAdvance,
DOSXBox, AtariXLBox, MirrorMagicX, KoboX, MaelstromX, MarblesX, Vice64X,
Vice20X, VicePETX, KegsX, XPired, AdamX, WonderSwanX, BeatsOfRageX,
PowermangaX, LynxBox, BlueMSXBox, GladiatorX, AmphetamineX, StarfighterX,
PachiX, BlobWarsX, OdysseyX, ArnoldX, X68000X, WinUAEX
what's next?

Enjoy!

#2 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 02:35 AM

Oh one more thing - I forgot who said it, but there was talk of Workbench not installing in v1. I used the 6-disk Workbench v3.1 rev 40.42 (1996)(ESCOM)(M10) version and it installed just fine. 68020, 3.1 kick, 2MB chip.

#3 lantus

lantus

X-S Genius

• PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:09 AM

that would be Mr XDelusion, but he's gone trying to get Doom working on a washing machine.

#4 XDelusion

XDelusion

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Interests:DOOM, Star Wars (Books Comics), Natural Law.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:24 AM

Yes, as a matter of fact DOOM runs like ass on this port! smile.gif

I'll try to install Workbench on this new version and see how it turns out, so far I did manage to get Gloom to run with some details off, and NOT in a full window, but good enough to play...

...to the end of the 1st level then I get the RED error screen which is not a problem with the PC port.

Damage still just sits there and does nothing, it does not even take up any RAM which tells me something is WAYYYY off. I've assigned the directory and all that just like on the PC, still no go.

Looking foward to seeing future versions of this, once agian I hope you will support XBOX with more RAM eventually...

...unless you have a fast and stable VRAM trick in store for us of course. wink.gif

Thankx again, it ain't perfect but it's coming along.

#5 gonkle

gonkle

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 04:08 AM

wait until the WinUAE guy and thelion joined the WinuaeX Team wink.gif,
will bring some more RAM and Features, especially CD32 support.

I think the ultra modern washing machines are faster than the 6800er Series and will run Doom smoothly.

Edited by gonkle, 21 June 2004 - 04:12 AM.

#6 ScHlAuChi

ScHlAuChi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 04:10 AM

Great !
The 1MB fastram should be at least enough to play some more modules in Delitracker smile.gif *plays Turrican2 soundtrack* - http://exotica.fix.no/

#7 XDelusion

XDelusion

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 04:28 AM

ScHlAuChi: Yes, but you might as well forget ever using some nice sized or mass amounts of samples in OctaMED or DigiBooster. :/

#8 XDelusion

XDelusion

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 05:39 AM

Ok, did some more testing. First off, it seems as if this port does not care if there are disks in the additional drives, no matter what it seems to expect all disks to be in the first drive. Is there somewhere to enable disk drive 2 through 4 or am I missing something?

Workbench got to 30% during install then fucked up. Can't be my copy cause it works flawless on the PC port. I'll go ahead and download the copy you hace XPort, regardless, I think this is totally worth mentioning. Something like this that works on the PC should work on the XBOX too.

Edited by XDelusion, 21 June 2004 - 05:41 AM.

#9 synchro

synchro

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:EliteForce mapper !!!<br />Amiga and C64 Emulation fan !!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 June 2004 - 06:03 AM

Hi guys !!!
Im new to the scene of xbox emulation but an oldie to winuae and amiga emulation smile.gif

My main contribution to the scene was a CD i created Called "Tribute to the Amiga" for the PC!!!
Im wondering have they left the extended rom function in this version ????
If so it may be able to run cd32 games direct from the XBOX....Until i find WinuaeX V2 i wont know..

Im sure looking forward to checking out this baby smile.gif

Edited by synchro, 21 June 2004 - 08:32 AM.

#10 gonkle

gonkle

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 07:16 AM

when i wanna delete the configs for each game, I only need to delete the content of the Saves folder on E, right?
Because the configs from v1 wont work with v2.

#11 Antiriad

Antiriad

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:38 AM

The HD configuration is great XPort! biggrin.gif Thanks very much!
Extra 1MB Fast Ram is also very useful. wink.gif

That and the Windows Keys on my USB Keyboard are mapped to the Amiga keys! Nice one! laugh.gif

#12 sensible

sensible

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:49 AM

worked out the key presses.....

not having much luck with

zool2
zool1
bodyblows galatic
cannonfodder

anyone got these to work?

Edited by sensible, 21 June 2004 - 11:06 AM.

#13 XPort

XPort

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:36 PM

XDelusion - OK, I don't know what you are doing, but whatever it is can be classified as "user error."

I played Gloom (1995 Black Magic AGA cr PSG) for two levels without it skipping a beat. 68020, 3.1 kick, CPU/Chip 100/0, CPU Compatible No, Cycle Exact no, video AGA/PAL, JIT 2MB, Chipmem 2MB, Fastmem 1MB, Fast copper yes, sound quality good/faster.

I've installed the Workbench 3.1 version I mentioned several times and it worked flawlessly each time.

I get the same Damage freezing you do, but, as you rightly point out, the PC version behaves the same - therefore you shouldn't expect WinUAEX to do anything different.

If you don't have a disk in the drive during bootup, then that drive will not be present. If you want two disk drives, then you need to have a disk image inserted into both those drives when you boot up the virtual Amiga.

To delete the configuration file for a game, highlight the game and press the Black button.

I would like to make something clear since there has been a lot of incorrect information being posted. (Eyeballing XDelusion) I have yet to find any program that doesn't behave exactly the same on WinUAEX as it does in WinUAE within the parameters of the available options. Obviously if you are trying to run a program in WinUAEX that absolutely requires more than 2MB of chipmem, then it won't work. If you change some option in WinUAE to get a game/program to work and that option does not exist in WinUAEX (e.g. the option to change how much RTG memory is used or changing chipmem size to something larger than 2MB) then you cannot expect the same results between the two. Even in V1, all the "problem" games noted in the original thread behaved exactly the same between WinUAE and WinUAEX if you set the exact same configuration options between the two. The only real WinUAEX specific problem was the case of Frontier Elite 2 but the only issue was the way the XBox mouse coordinates were being accumulated. It had nothing to do with how the game actually ran (i.e. the interpretation of the 68000 code, etc). There is very little outside-influence (i.e. XBox specific) on how the emulation behaves. Therefore, given the same settings, WinUAE and WinUAEX will behave identically.

So, in a nutshell, if you are testing something, then before you go shouting to the hills that there is a problem with WinUAEX you need to run WinUAE v 0.8.27 on your PC, set the exact same options as you have in WinUAEX, and see if it behaves the same. Then, when you see that it does behave the same, you can note what configuration changes you make in WinUAE to get it working the way you want. If the option does not exist in WinUAEX, then by all means post your results in the most recent WinUAE thread and let me know - including [b]all[b] specifics (game name (including the group that cracked it since there are lots of different versions of games floating around), all the configuration settings in WinUAEX and which of those settings you changed in WinUAE to make it work.)

#14 A600

A600

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:37 PM

The FastRAM is enabled only when set to 0 MB. If I set it to 1 MB then is disabled (tested with Workbench).

xport: would it be possible to add more fastram if Jit Cache Size=0?

#15 Fract504

Fract504

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:46 PM

Hi XPORT,

I discovered following issue:

When I set the system to PAL60 in MS Dashboard and then start WINUAEXV2 then everything works fine.

When the system is set to PAL50, WINUAEXV2 is flickering very badly on TV.
The flickering goes away, when I go into the Video options, choose 480i and exit.
In the moment I choose 480i and winuaex asks me if I am sure, the display is already fixed and the flickering is gone. So, I do not even have to confirm the mode and can exit by selecting no. Everything from there now on is fine, until Winuaex is started again from the dashboard. Then the flickering returns and has to be fixed by this video selection trick.

I am sure you can fix this quite fast or in the next release.

Please confirm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users