X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:umoms
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 January 2005 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE(jonathan2007 @ Jan 30 2005, 07:14 PM)
No problem and sorry about the wrong tab. Let me know how you turn out with the feathering thing because I tried this once with an overlay and the same thing happend to me. I had a black background in the area so all of it should have shown up black but it did not. You could see the edge just like you mentioned. Anywho let me know if you get it working.  beerchug.gif

View Post

No worries smile.gif Actually what I did was make 2 copies of the background I wanted to use, then I used the circular marquee tool to select the moon in the background and hit Delete to remove it (as the deleted sectiion was transparent) then saved them both and in UXA I loaded the normal picture first and added the game icon and positioned it, then added the altered background pic (with the moon cut out) over top that and lined it up and it worked like a charm smile.gif

#197 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 January 2005 - 02:51 AM

Hmm but then that means that you really have to load 2 background screens similar to how Electric does it. And I believe someone used photoshop to make the overlay's in Electric smaller and then they stuck those in UXA and they said it significantly reduced the loading time. But I guess a small addition to the loading time is a small price to pay for having no edge thing around the overlay. wink.gif

#198 xomp

xomp

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:umoms
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE(jonathan2007 @ Jan 30 2005, 08:57 PM)
Hmm but then that means that you really have to load 2 background screens similar to how Electric does it. And I believe someone used photoshop to make the overlay's in Electric smaller and then they stuck those in UXA and they said it significantly reduced the loading time. But I guess a small addition to the loading time is a small price to pay for having no edge thing around the overlay.  wink.gif

View Post

Yes, very true. I however had not noticed a load time issue or even a slight lag to be honest, I'm using a super high res picture that is roughly 2Mb in filesize too. smile.gif

#199 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE(xomp @ Jan 31 2005, 07:57 PM)
Yes, very true. I however had not noticed a load time issue or even a slight lag to be honest, I'm using a super high res picture that is roughly 2Mb in filesize too. smile.gif

View Post

Wow ohmy.gif Well maybe you got lucky. cool.gif

#200 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 February 2005 - 02:51 AM

uhh.gif I need help with just getting UXArchitect to work. I installed NET Framework 1.1 and installed UXArchitect 1.0d and I am getting the same thing that Magemasher89 got. I open up Architect, and it tells me to click on new project. Well, I don't see this anywhere on screen, and I can't access a scroll bar if it is at the bottom of the screen. I can't resize the window very much either. Hectobleezy said that there were three options on the right side of the screen. I can't even see the right side of the screen and can't get over there, either. Is there a scroll bar at the bottom of the window? I don't have any idea at all why I can't resize the window, though. Any help would be great. Looks like you guys have figured it out, so please share the knowledge.

#201 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 04:16 AM

You need to have your screen resolution set to 1024 x 768. If it is set to 800 x 600 you won't see the buttons on the right. I know there was a thread about this (perhaps even this one). Try searching for the thread if you need more help. beerchug.gif

#202 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:51 PM

biggrin.gif A huge thanks to Jonathan2007 for the help on the whole resolution thing. I just could not figure it out for the life of me. I got it now, thanks to you! It is always awesome to get some help on the forums when I have no idea what I am doing. Everything is working great now. Thanks for the help, we need more people like you. Well, I am going to try and make my own skin now.

#203 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE(Textbook @ Feb 9 2005, 02:57 PM)
biggrin.gif A huge thanks to Jonathan2007 for the help on the whole resolution thing.  I just could not figure it out for the life of me.  I got it now, thanks to you!  It is always awesome to get some help on the forums when I have no idea what I am doing.  Everything is working great now.  Thanks for the help, we need more people like you.  Well, I am going to try and make my own skin now.

View Post

No problem glad I could help. Don't foget to post in the skins thread if you upload a skin to allxboxskins or xbox-skins. smile.gif

#204 Hectobleezy

Hectobleezy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 02:39 AM

Thanks jonathan2007 for helping everyone with UXA. beerchug.gif

I dont have time to update it anymore as Im very busy on another skinning project for MCE2005.

I have offered jonathan2007 the source code to UXA since I will no longer be visiting this forum after this post. My XBOX died and I dont want to buy another one if the new XBOX will be shipping this year.

Thank you everyone for the fun I had here and thank you for using UXA, so far ther has been over 6000+ downloads total(all websites). That blew me away!!!

Good Bye
Hectobleezy- wink.gif
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

#205 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 12:21 AM

Ok. Wow! I don't really know what to say other than it is quite a privilege to be able to have the source code to such a great app. I am not really a coder but I may take a look at it. If anyone that is talented or gifted (and I mean it not just some l33t person off the street) wants to help me with this then PM me. You will need some credentials. I am not sure if I will even get the source yet though so don't be impatient (I have emailed Hecto and asked for the source). Again PM me if you think you could help with the development of this app. beerchug.gif

#206 B4RR1K4D4

B4RR1K4D4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:28 PM

just a few questions Ive not been able to find in the topic.

The preview videos cant be added to be played from the console (I have added the "Game Preview" box, but I dont knot how to add the video I want to be played there.
Whats the "Game Icon"?

#207 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE(B4RR1K4D4 @ Apr 6 2005, 08:34 AM)
just a few questions Ive not been able to find in the topic.

The preview videos cant be added to be played from the console (I have added the "Game Preview" box, but I dont knot how to add the video I want to be played there.
Whats the "Game Icon"?

View Post

laugh.gif I think you have misunderstood the purpose of the Game preview and game icon. They are supposed to be there to give a pic or video of each specific game (if you have games on your xbox hdd). The game icon is automatically picked up by the game. The game preview videos have to be downloaded from sites like http://www.xbox-skins.net. Then you can either name it a certain something (I forget I think it is preview.wmv) or you can use the context menu (like I do) and point the preview setting in there for each game to that game's video that you have copied to your xbox hdd somewhere. Hope you understand that.

P.S. Hecto sent an email back to my request for the source code and he said he wanted to tidy it up a little before he sent it to me but that was a week or 2 ago so I don't know if he is still alive. unsure.gif

#208 B4RR1K4D4

B4RR1K4D4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:27 PM

well, I know Ive downloaded several skins which plays a gamepreview automaticaly in the dash (not as background, just in a corner by example), without having to configure anything, I wanted to know how to do that, to take all the files in a zip, and make possible just installing that skins it plays the gamepreview.wmv I have already download and zipped inside the skin.

Anyways, I added a Intro.wmv video to the skin, and its not shown at all, just the UnleashX text at startup.

#209 Extreme Agony

Extreme Agony

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Movies, TV Shows, XBMC, Computer Programming, Computer Networking
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 April 2005 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(jonathan2007 @ Apr 6 2005, 03:52 PM)
P.S. Hecto sent an email back to my request for the source code and he said he wanted to tidy it up a little before he sent it to me but that was a week or 2 ago so I don't know if he is still alive.  unsure.gif

View Post

I know you mentioned that you are not really a coder... so just for the record... if Hecto codes anything like myself... the code is easily understood by him... but for someone else to look at it, it would be a mess... so especially with a project of this magnatude, a couple weeks to tidy up the code (along with RL things) is not gonna be enough time... Give him 6 weeks... then maybe email him again.... I used to have Hecto's home email addy, but that was 5 or 6 months ago... anyway... It's sad to see Hecto leaving the scene... hopefully he'll be back someday coding some stuff for the next console... none the less... thank you Hecto for the amazing work you have done on UX Architect... and the other projects you have given us... beerchug.gif

#210 bartje twi

bartje twi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:00 PM

It's not possible to use layers for the Text Items in Visuals, right? I would like to use a bigger preview movie window, but would like to use that space for info about my disk / network / software versions when the video feature isn't being used. The video being the top layer, the text being the layer just under it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users