• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 markdelete

markdelete

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:00 AM

I would really like to mod out my xbox. After reading all the tuts and some posts here Im planning on getting a mod chip and a big HD.
I want to back up games on the hard drive.
Using the Media Center would be cool. I like that you can watch Divx files.
I want to play game Emulators. (NES, SNES, Genesis, TG16, & GBA)
Watching DVDs would be cool to.

Will I have any problems with using the Hi-Def cables I use already hooked to the TV?
How difficult is it backing up games, and choosing which one you want to play?
How diificult is it to get game emulators to work?
When watching DVDs on the moded xbox will I need the offical DVD remote?
Are there many software tools out there for Mac computer? I have a PC with WinXP on it, its just slow. (no biggie, if there isnt)
Personal satisfaction aside, would it be worth getting someone else (that has moded before)to mod my xbox rather than crossing all available fingers and praying to all kinds of gods that i dont f-up my xbox?
thanks in advance for not reeming me.
-mark

#2 zagross

zagross

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:13 PM

Will I have any problems with using the Hi-Def cables I use already hooked to the TV?

NO

How difficult is it backing up games, and choosing which one you want to play?

Very easy, just start dvd2xbox press a couple of buttons and it starts to copy. then you can play it by running it from the games menu.

How diificult is it to get game emulators to work?

it should be easy, if you can ftp to your xbox.

When watching DVDs on the moded xbox will I need the offical DVD remote?

You dont need it.

Are there many software tools out there for Mac computer? I have a PC with WinXP on it, its just slow.

NO IDEA, PC USER HERE

Personal satisfaction aside, would it be worth getting someone else (that has moded before)to mod my xbox rather than crossing all available fingers and praying to all kinds of gods that i dont f-up my xbox?

I would defenitly send it to someone else, if i have never done a xbox mod becuse its just too risky and if u f up then ur xbox is gone.

#3 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 June 2004 - 02:19 PM

well, if your worried about soldering it then you may want to go get a broken computer motherboard (check your local computer shop, they sometimes just throw those things out, or sell them REAL cheap) and practice soldering on that

if your worried about f-ing up the software (bios, dashboard, ect.), it can usually be fixed, just make sure that you buy a chip that has an external programmer (such as the xecutor 2.3b or the new x-chip) so you can reflash the bios, and go slow and be careful when doing work on your box

aside from dropping a soldering iron into the power supply unit tongue.gif there isnt to much you can do to f-up your xbox beyond repair. just be careful and go slow when you solder or do anything else

i myself learned most i know from trial and error, i think the number of times my xbox has fraged (Flashing Red And Green, bassically, error, or f-ed up) is about 3 digits now

#4 hawgman

hawgman

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:SPORTS, xbox, pc's, electronics, hacking.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 June 2004 - 02:20 PM

If youre at all handy with electronics you can mod your box yourself with little effort. However if you dont have a soldering iron, solder and a pc with network capabilities it might be more economical to have someone mod your box. or if your use box for live it might be smarter to find a cheap tsop modded box on the bst thread.

as far as simplicity its pretty simple I sent my 13 yr old nephew directions and he modded his box with little diffilculty. If you need help people are always here to help you on the scene..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users