Photo

For Those Who Have A Picky Xbox Dvd Drive...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fluidmax

fluidmax

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 July 2002 - 08:00 PM

ok...say u have a $#!tty xbox dvd drive..and you want to use cheap dvd-r or dvd-rw but you are not the kind of person that like to open up ur xbox and are too lazy to play with the POT...(like me) well try this....

1.get the evolution X DASHBOARD to ur HD on XBOX
2.put in a game that is burned on the cheap or that is unable to read by ur xbox (u know...the one that always give u the DIRTY DISK ERROR)....now in this case ofcourse ur xbox will just boot to the evo dash..but no worries....
3.fire up flashftp or what ever u are using to connect ur xbox and make sure you go into" D drive." ( "D:/" ) the dvd rom drive on xbox...now u will see folders and files...ok...
4.go to "command" and then "raw command" (for those of u who use flashftp) then type "EXECUTE D:/default.xbe" (without quote) and sit back and see the game boot...

i know it's an extra step to go through...but if you want u can edit menu.ini and just set it up as a command..so there is no need to use ftp....either way it's a good idea if you don't want to buy more branded disks and spend more money on dvd-r/rw

i tried this on a few system already ..and all of them boot disks that they weren't able to before... i don't know if it will work for sure for everyone....but it's worth a try

laugh.gif

#2 fluidmax

fluidmax

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 03:58 PM

dvd-r/rw works the best with this methos...

#3 WiKKiD

WiKKiD

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 04:43 PM

Strange, why wouldn't it boot the game normally, but this way it does...

Love to know the details behind this one.

#4 chiapet

chiapet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 06:07 PM

interesting...i'll have to try this out...though i've found that a lot of the cheap media i have causes really noticeable rumbling when the disc is spinning in the drive...obviously can't be good in the long run for the system. so i've been steering away from even using these discs...well, thanks for the tip.
chiapet

#5 fluidmax

fluidmax

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 10:59 PM

well....i am just guessing here..but i think xbox dvd drive check the media and if it does not like it it will not boot... but when we use the above method ...we force the dvd to boot and maybe by pass the media check....

i am just guessing here....maybe i am wrong......

biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users