Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:16 AM

1. there rushing into the market, this could cause some very bad key problems.
a.xbox2 might come to market with very buggy OS
b.releasing the consle year before sony can cause problems as old outdated hardware, (sony has the cell processor and unless M$ can find a loophole in there contract and come up with billions to get exclusives for there consle there pretty ****)
c.NO ^%&^@!#%&%!&%#&@!&!#%&#*@!#% HARDDRIVE WTF THATS WHAT SET THE XBOX APART FROM THE OTHERS not to mention once you loaded a halo game, loading ingame would take leterally 2secs tops
please post your opinions
d. size, alot of people complained about the xbox1 being far tom large will now this consel is suspected to be much larger
e.WTF DOES NINTENDO HAVE UP THERE SLEEVE, this is just like when ati released the 9700pro it came out of NOWHERE and blew away everything, who knows nintendo might just have somthing so superior that they could care less what the other companies are doing

does anyone notice that the fate of the dreamcast was because of releasing to early, and how MS is shappeing up to do the same thing. M$ most likely will crush and burn so bad that it whipes out most of the compainies money suplies, they were already loosing $200 per xbox when it cost $300 imagine what will happen this time if they try to make money

Edited by Ballz2TheWallz, 23 June 2004 - 03:24 AM.

#2 spicymeatball911

spicymeatball911

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:31 AM

I feel I should say a few things.

#1. DO NOT worry about it being released too early. Video games and video game systems now are 95% hype.
When was the first posted Halo 2 release date?
Like 2 years ago? I mean come one, Xbox 2, PS3, and New Nintendo (forgot its codename but there is some info in it) will not come out for a WHILE.

#2. According to the pinned new post, Xbox 2 the inert gas is suppose to be smalller, but ofcourse everything has room and time to change.

#3. Dreamcast's fault may have been releasing it to early, but Playstations supreme victory was releasing PS2 early (they are still ridiculously ahead in total units sold), so at this point we can't say much.

In conclusion, M$ has made many stupid mistakes (like the ones that caused the head xbox guy to quit), but they have room for mistakes, and as everybody said xbox was a mistake when it was announced, they know what they are doing on some level.

#3 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:32 AM

There is no way of telling what the system will truly have until it hits the shelves (or just before it hits shelves). Anyways, IMHO it is stupid to buy one at launch since a decent selection of good games generally doesn't come out until about a year after release, the initial hardware always has more bugs, it's probably going to take about a year before there is something such as a decent modchip for it, ect. I don't plan on getting an XBOX 2 but I might get one after they have been out for a while and come down in price a bit. wink.gif

#4 greengiant

greengiant

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (Ballz2TheWallz @ Jun 22 2004, 08:16 PM)
(sony has the cell processor and unless M$ can find a loophole in there contract and come up with billions to get exclusives for there consle there pretty ****)

Like WTF u talking bout. Can you hear yourself talk.
What have YOU truly seen about the cell proccesor... ooh all the ps3 will link otgether and use their power together to make a super ps3.. haha yeah right. Go get a life.

MS die? they have so much cash.. THEY CAN do whatever they want. And they dont loose $200 on a xbox.. theyve cut it down to pennies on the dollar.

Even if they lost $200 on the xbox, they make it up in taxes and in other sections.
They make more loosing money, than making it. Go take a few business courses, for huge companies losses are good. And the $200 they loose, they gain in the $50 games they sell.

You are simply a MS hater.

#5 el_diablo

el_diablo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 23 June 2004 - 06:07 AM

i dont think xbox are to big, there perfectly sized for me smile.gif they are just to heavy tongue.gif

the quicker it comes out the quicker we can mod them laugh.gif

#6 ORGANIC_PEPSI

ORGANIC_PEPSI

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:chasing dogs,hunting rats,feeding cats,dating chix
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:04 AM

i was a totally decent guy huh.gif before my brother hit me with his xbox on my head

#7 HeadBangingMonkey

HeadBangingMonkey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (greengiant @ Jun 23 2004, 07:29 AM)
Like WTF u talking bout. Can you hear yourself talk.
What have YOU truly seen about the cell proccesor... ooh all the ps3 will link otgether and use their power together to make a super ps3.. haha yeah right. Go get a life.

MS die? they have so much cash.. THEY CAN do whatever they want. And they dont loose $200 on a xbox.. theyve cut it down to pennies on the dollar.

Even if they lost $200 on the xbox, they make it up in taxes and in other sections.
They make more loosing money, than making it. Go take a few business courses, for huge companies losses are good. And the $200 they loose, they gain in the $50 games they sell.

You are simply a MS hater.

Agreed Thats one thing m$ can afford to do, is lose money. Losing money isn't a big deal as they can easily make it up else where.

I do feel that even though m$ might be planning to get their console out first, that quite clearly most people are jumping the gun on "when it'll be out" Theres nearly always delays for every console and more importantly theres still a lot of xbox life ahead before we even think about xbox 2.

Finally my last view. If they rush it, doesn't mean it will be full of bugs. But the important factor is there might be mroe chance of bugs they overlooked. Now lets think, isn't this a GOOD thing for us? I know it depends on what kinda bugs were talking about, but one of the reasons so many people have experience modding their xbox is because of bugs! Look at all the software and dashboard bugs there are!

Anyways, as someone said. We can't do anything but wait till it hits the shelves.

#8 RZAforPRESIDENT

RZAforPRESIDENT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:41 AM

Time will tell what will happen. "Don't believe the hype." [/B]

#9 RZAforPRESIDENT

RZAforPRESIDENT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:44 AM

Time will tell what will happen. "Don't believe the hype."

#10 wolf202

wolf202

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:48 PM

New Nintendo (forgot its codename but there is some info in it)

its called the N5 unvieled at E3 2006

#11 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory

Posted 23 June 2004 - 01:11 PM

yea I think it's too early to say they are making any kind of mistakes with Xbox2. So much will change between now and whenever it is released. I do really wish they put a harddrive in there but I'll be sure to find a way to put one in myself then if not.

#12 cesium

cesium

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:38 PM

look at ps2. they released their console a long time ahead of xbox and gamecube. they dominated the market because of this. i think MS is trying to do what sony did.
-cesium

#13 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:27 PM

only reason the ps2 dominated because of its early realease is because its first consle only had compition from nintendo and it dominated them. by then ps2 everyone trusted and there were no plans of other companies realeasing consles when it came out. that was the problem with dreamcast nobody wanted it cause they new ps2 was coming out and i feel that M$ is gonna **** up in this way because the they know the ps3 is comeing. now if all the dumb people out there who have no technical know how of any of the current or next conseles they assum what the like is best(which atleast makes up %80 of the market) i had a 4th grader telling me gamecube was best because it had 64 and xbox had 43 cause his brother told him this, well its mostlily refering to ram and its compeletly opisit. i just feel the majority of the market is to stupid to know whats best. and most the stupid people purchase on which has better graphics and when faced with the technical facts they come up with. NO YOUR WRONG

Edited by Ballz2TheWallz, 23 June 2004 - 04:29 PM.

#14 weeman666

weeman666

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 06:58 PM

does anyone notice that the fate of the dreamcast was because of releasing to early, and how MS is shappeing up to do the same thing.

are you thinking dude we are talking about bill fucking retarded gates man this guy has like 57 BILLION $$$ he could give a dollar to every one on the face of the earth and maybe some peolple on mars he could hire hitman to kill all of the people over at sony and nentendo this dude could take over the freeking world come on. they are goin to make consoles and if anything they are not goin to be like sega and bail on there console if the next console they make is a flop they will not bail out they will make the best console ever made the next year to kick every ones asses.

just to tell you the dreamcast was the bast system i bought mine the day it came here for 300 bucks and now all i can get it 20 bucks in a trade in at the trade and play down the road sega was doomed befor the dreamcast they wanted to go out in a boom and they dude did i also killed myself when they did i loved my DC and if i still had a working one i would play it till this day.

#15 spicymeatball911

spicymeatball911

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:10 PM

Actually if I think about it, I think Dreamcast died because Saturn gave it some bad precedence, and PS2 was on the horizon, and by that time, everybody already had and loved their PS1.

But Dreamcast was the ORIGINAL megamodded system with being able to play backups without a modchip (that was awesome), and the first GOOD online play (Saturn was the first I think). God I love my Dreamcast, all the games were mainly no namers, but they had alooot of fun games.

Edited by spicymeatball911, 23 June 2004 - 08:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users