45 replies to this topic

#16 xFusioNx

xFusioNx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:19 PM

i feel that M$ is gonna **** up in this way because the they know the ps3 is comeing. now if all the dumb people out there who have no technical know how of any of the current or next conseles they assum what the like is best(which atleast makes up %80 of the market)

Que?

Talk about a dipshit response. Sure it makes sense. But ask any idiot (you know the ones that limp into EBGames and ask for Madden 2005 to infinity) if they have or know someone who has an Xbox. They'll even tell you the Xbox has better graphics on all the games that were released for both systems.

Gasp! Are you saying the PS2 has shitty graphics compared to the xbox?

YOU'RE GODDAMN FUCKING RIGHT I AM!!

Play SplinterCell on PS2 and then on Xbox and back on PS2. I guarantee you'll vomit INSTANTLY upon completing this task.

THE PS2 GRAPHICS ARE ATROCIOUS!!

Even the thug'll tell you "Y0 dat Madden iz HAAUGHT up in da Xbox y0, da PS2 be trippin' "

blink.gif

Edited by xFusioNx, 23 June 2004 - 08:20 PM.

#17 browndanielusn

browndanielusn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Database Design, anything computer related.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:28 PM

Personally I don't think the are going to make a mistake releasing it earlier than the ps3. M$ may have a buggy operating system, but all and all they have the money to correct their mistakes. I really don't think that Bill Gates is going to allow the xenon to be released until it is solid as a rock. Think how far they've come in only their first gen console. I think M$ feels they have Sony by the short and curlies, and there not about to screw up now. Have faith. M$ is one of the largest corporations in the world for a reason...Give it time. cool.gif

#18 zot23

zot23

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:46 PM

1. there rushing into the market, this could cause some very bad key problems.
a.xbox2 might come to market with very buggy OS
b.releasing the consle year before sony can cause problems as old outdated hardware, (sony has the cell processor and unless M$ can find a loophole in there contract and come up with billions to get exclusives for there consle there pretty ****)
c.NO ^%&^@!#%&%!&%#&@!&!#%&#*@!#% HARDDRIVE WTF THATS WHAT SET THE XBOX APART FROM THE OTHERS not to mention once you loaded a halo game, loading ingame would take leterally 2secs tops
please post your opinions
d. size, alot of people complained about the xbox1 being far tom large will now this consel is suspected to be much larger
e.WTF DOES NINTENDO HAVE UP THERE SLEEVE, this is just like when ati released the 9700pro it came out of NOWHERE and blew away everything, who knows nintendo might just have somthing so superior that they could care less what the other companies are doing

Alright, sometimes I just have to pitch in when someone gets REALLY off in the weeds. Let's go point by point and have a sanity check:

a. Does the xbox have a buggy OS? Did the Dreamcast (whose OS was also designed by MS)? Then why would the Xenon suddenly be bug ridden? Just scratch this point, it's baseless.

b. Xbox 1 came out a year after the PS2 with superior hardware, Sony seems to have done OK. You are right though, the hype can make/break a system in it's early years. Sega learned that the hardest way. But if they have Halo 3, Maechassault 3, Splinter Cell X, Ninja Gaiden 3, a few Bioware RPGs, and some other A+ titles in the wings I think MS can swing it. If Halo 2 is as good as it looks, Halo 3 could sell 5 million consoles in the first year on hype alone.

c. The release says there will definitely be an optional HDD for the Xenon. What MS could do would be to automatically package the Nvidia license with every HDD sale, so that only those that want the HDD and backwards compatibility can pay for it. This is like what already do with the DVD dongle/remote and the license fee to Sony (cuz sony owns dvd format.) And believe me, a 3.5 GHz CPU, 256 RAM, and 500 MHz GPU can most definitely emulate an Xbox 1 if they wanted it to.

d. You're just wrong here, reports are all saying it will be smaller than xbox 1.

e. ??? (Once I figure out what this has to do with the Xenon release, I'll post some sort of rebuttal. Right now I'm speechless with confusion...)

So there you go, run out and buy one on launch day!

#19 fahrenheit

fahrenheit

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 11:25 PM

MS are certainly hoping to get the others onboard with XNA. This could be a major reason to get an early launch and some developers whoring XNA to Sony and Nintendo before they launch.

I understand that MS don't want to use the 'Xbox 2' name because of a perception of inferiority to PS3, but I hope to hell they drop the 'Xenon' because its such teenage geeky, futurist dribble. The reason for PlayStation2s' success is because it is seen as a lifestyle accessory for the mainstream. Ask any chick if she would rather have a PS3 or a Xenon and the answer is obvious! she doesn't give a shit how many polygons it can push.

Sony have hinted with the PSX, what their next machine will be - an all in one entertainment unit. So MS dropping the hard drive completely? Don't count on it! they want to own your living room and they want to own it first.

#20 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:59 AM

M$ wont die, but this will decide wether they stay in the gameing industry or not. and if the two otther consels come out later like the xbox1 did wont they server up newer superior hardware

and stop getting pissed at what im saying, its just my piontless ranting

#21 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (Ballz2TheWallz @ Jun 24 2004, 03:59 AM)
and stop getting pissed at what im saying, its just my piontless ranting

Exactly..

It's always fun to read someone's rants about something, and they act like they could do a better job. Trust me, MS knows what they are doing better than a "pointless ranter" could do

biggrin.gif

#22 miazmaticdotcom

miazmaticdotcom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:18 AM

Hey, if the devkits are Apple G5s, I ain't complaining. If Apple makes money every time I buy a Xenon game, I'm all for it.

As far as the naming... I don't thing many people will go for the "Xbox only has two, PS has 3!" argument. However, if they use Xenon, that will disassociate it from their existing user base and their household name. The best name I've heard so far was one that was suggested on the X-S front page a while ago, "Xbox 360".

Everyone knows there haven't been 360 Xbox revisions (only 7 tongue.gif ), but it's a number everyone knows for other reasons, so it's better than the seemingly random "Xbox 247" or whatever it was.

#23 STEVEHABS

STEVEHABS

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:15 AM

I LIKE THE XBOX HD NAME THE BEST SINCE HIGH DEFINITION IS THE TECHNOLOGY OF THE FUTURE AUDIO AND VIDEO WISE ESPECIALLY IN 2006 WHEN ALL CHANNELS WILL BE IN HDTV. XBOX FS IS ALSO NICE THE FS WOULDNT HAVE TO MEAN ANYTHING BUT PEOPLE COULD THINK OF IT AS MEANING FULL SPEED OR FAST SPEED.

AS FOR XBOX 360 IF THE NEXT XBOX IS IN THE SHAPE OF A CIRCLE THAT WOULD DEFINATELY BE CATCHY. AND BEING THAT IT HAS APPLE STUFF IN IT MAYBE THEY COULD MAKE IT ROUND.

BY THE WAY SINCE THERES GONNA BE 3 3.5 GHZ PROCESSORS I THINK THE XBOX COULD BE AROUND 350 DEBUT.AND JUST IMAGINE USING A PC GAME EMULATOR FOR THE XBOX OR MAYBE XBOX WILL AUTOMATICALLY ACCEPT PC GAMES. THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME FOR GAMING.

#24 zot23

zot23

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:50 PM

AND JUST IMAGINE USING A PC GAME EMULATOR FOR THE XBOX OR MAYBE XBOX WILL AUTOMATICALLY ACCEPT PC GAMES

Oh, I'm imagining it all right. Mmmm ... 1080i games and perfect emulation.

#25 xFusioNx

xFusioNx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:11 PM

Pardon me, but Apple gets plenty of money, don't let their small market share and "Poor me I'm fighting the man" act fool you. Steve Jobs ain't no fool and he sure as all hell isn't broke.

The shop I used to work for STILL has a dual processor G5 sitting in it's showroom for a whopping $3000USD. Think they aren't making a tiny bit of money offa that?

Anyhow.... Pardon me for not knowing but what the hell does the Xenon have in it that belongs to Apple?

#26 browndanielusn

browndanielusn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Database Design, anything computer related.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (xFusioNx @ Jun 24 2004, 05:11 PM)
Anyhow.... Pardon me for not knowing but what the hell does the Xenon have in it that belongs to Apple?

i know that powerpc technology and g5 technology are very similar, plus i read somewhere that motorola will be involved, sorry couldn't find the link...as much as i hate macs, they are better for cgd

#27 Baner

Baner

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:39 PM

The only company on the edge of creating thier last system would be nintendo(in america at least). The only reason they are hanging on is due to thier portable systems, and the massive amount of accessories you have to buy for thier better selling games. The majority of buyers don't care about the processing power of the system, go up to 80% of console gamers and they wont know anything about what's under the hood of thier favorite gaming system. All the buyers want are more fun games. I know most of you catch yourselves playing some old nes game, hell, those games looked like shit but they were fun(that's why we beg for emu's on our systems). We all know people who only own a ps2 will buy a ps3, and those owning only xbox's will only buy the xenon, as for us who own both, we better start saving up a good $800. Projecting the sales of gaming systems on specs alone won't be accurate. Only way to truly do it is research, look into how many top selling sequels each system has, and the fanboy base of each...

#28 xFusioNx

xFusioNx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:48 PM

No shit they are similar, how the fuck does that give Apple money though?

#29 zot23

zot23

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 07:53 PM

I'm pretty sure Apple owns the PowerPC architecture straight out still, so whenever someone uses it either they pay Apple a license fee or they don't get to use it. So if Xenon has a PPC core in it, Apple is getting paid whether they did any design work on it or not. Just like if you buy a DVD player you are paying Sony a little $ in a license fee, whether Sony makes that DVD player or not.

This is also why we aren't all using PowerPCs right now. In the mid 1990s Power PCs were getting so cheap and so good at straddling Mac/PC lines, that Apple couldn't sell their Macs at all. So they basically jacked the PPC license price so high no one could afford to make them anymore and PPCs died. It's a real shame too, PPCs were fantastic little machines.

#30 Ichijoe

Ichijoe

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:55 PM

The only real Emulation I'm looking forward to is to run OS XI.15 Big Green Lizzardy thing! biggrin.gif (well they are gona run out of Big Cats soon. I hope!)

But that would rule useing iTunes on Xenion!

I wonder if M$ is digging on Apples turf, G5 - PPC.
Do you think an X86 Apple OS can be far off?

I always wanted to run a MAC OS on my PC!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users