• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46 jk009

jk009

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Games<br />Technology<br />Computers<br />Bowling<br />Girls<br />More...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:02 PM

Well,
By Right if the "XENON" is powered by THREE "APPLE GX(x=5 or 6) at 3.4 GHz each the power would be enormous. It should by right beable to emulate a "733MHz" processor game with easy. The graphics card, which is a "500MHz" should also be able to emulate the graphics of an Xbox game.
So in theory,
If the "XENON" is what it is said to be at THREE "3.4GHz" which would be 4.83 times the orignal speed of an Xbox times 3 of that amount for each processor would be 13.9 times faster in process. The memory of "256 DDR" is already 4 times the amount. The graphics is also already 2 or even 4 times better.
So in THEORY it should be able to emulate as long as MSFT wants to incorperate it. (They have what, 52BILLION they can afford it)

#47 phrozenfeonix

phrozenfeonix

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:45 PM

thx for the 'specs', jk009, even if they arent accuraste, seems like specs that high would prolly and more than likely boost the cost of the machine quite a bit
and xfusionx, i dont think you understand what im saying, if halo is still the top selling game on the original xbox, you think halo2 wont have much a a fanbase? the game will likely live it's hype for years to come, long into xbox2, so it'd sell better if xbox2 did support halo2 and backwards compatibility

#48 Casper1786

Casper1786

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:11 PM

I personaly Don't Think MS is gonna Add Backwards compatibilty do 2 the XBOx1 Homebrew scene, Homebrew software an games are all just XBOX1 software, u hack XBOX2 an if theirs backwards compatibilty with XBOX1, well don't wait long cuz We'll have Everything XBOX1 had, XBMC can continuly have a working version an Homebrew devs can just continue without having 2 learn how the XBOX2 works, an since most Homebrew software is stored on a HDD, tho burning Emus 2 a Disc with all ur ROMS on Rewrites would work just the same. MS is gonna Drop Backwards Compatibility 2 drop allot of their mistakes off from the First 1, they don't like HomeBrew, an soon as the system is hacked, Homebrew from the first console will run, an ppl will use it till XBOX2 Homebrew comes out, hell they'll continue 2 use XBOX1 homebrew. and Because of that, I wouldn't doubt it that MS is gonna shun all the XBOX owners(modders an non modders), if they would put it in, then the user base can transfer over easyer, since ur old games work, if u spent 10 hours in lineup for the system an couldn't get a game cuz they were outta stock, well u have ur old games u can play till ur XBOX game Collection grows

#49 JesseWHHS

JesseWHHS

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:55 PM

ok guys. i dunno but it caat hurt to throw this out....

they port games to diff. systems ALL the time rite? GTA III form PS2 to xbox. IF they use a new type of media, i have to clue tif theyll use the dual layer DVD things or mayeb a entire new media or the old. but if thewy used larger media they could sell games fr chepa and include like 5 or 10 games on it. or just do 1 or 2 on DVDs. i mean it would be cool and they prob wont do it but i thought it was an idea to throw out. lol. does that make any sense.

tlaking to many people on AIM and writing this is kinda hard. lol.

#50 nitussi

nitussi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 July 2004 - 09:59 PM

Just my two cents....

There probably wont be any need for the Xbox2 to play Xbox games...considering the fact that Sony sold many Ps2's because most Ps1's were acting up or dead...and with Sony controlling the market, Ps1's werent as plentiful untl the Ps2 market became big enough...then they came out with the Psone. Backward compatabilty was a sell skeem to get parents to buy their kids a Ps2 to play the hundreds Ps1 games that most people already owned and the new lowered prices of Ps1 games. So it was cost effective for Sony to add it to the Ps2. My point...with majority of xboxes still working at launch of the Xbox2, M$ probably wont gain much in increased sales on the fact of backward compatabilty. So the cost of adding backward compatability does not make good business sense....unless it simple enough to add to the hardware or some type emulation.

Which I think it will not be that simple! But I hope so.

Also, I dont think the xbox1 will die as quick...because of its successor(xbox2). As have other systems. With Halo 2 and other great Live games. It may be around until the xbox3 comes out.

I could be wrong though, because Live may be an issue if Xbox2 cant play Xbox1 titles. huh.gif

#51 nemt

nemt

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 July 2004 - 01:15 AM

The hardware in the Xbox 2 is just too different, the box would need to basically have the Xbox hardware AND the Xbox 2 hardware, and the capability to switch between them on the fly, it's not practical.

Personally, I don't think I'll buy an Xbox 2. Xbox is a unique and monumental achievement in the console gaming arena, and I doubt we'll get another Xbox anytime soon.

#52 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games

Posted 05 July 2004 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (nemt @ Jul 5 2004, 03:15 AM)
I doubt we'll get another Xbox anytime soon.

True. It doesn't get much better then this.

#53 africamagical

africamagical

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 06:06 AM

I actually do enjoy playing old ass games, I played goldeneye back through on a n64 emulator, and i didnt care that the graphics blew, the gameplay is good, and the nostalgia involved made it entertaining. At the same time, i dont give 2 craps about backwards compatibility, b/c i will have my old box. Im more pissed if the xenon doesnt have an hd, that was the one thing that made this console different, and special. Without it I would have stuck with my ps2 and computer.

#54 barracuda

barracuda

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 05:20 PM

I hope the Xbox 2 isn't backwards-compatible. It would need more hardware and easily add ~$50 to the pricetag. By the time XBox 2 comes out, XBox 1 will be $49.99 or $79.99 new. Also, using the older parts to properly run XBox games could hinder performance of the XBox 2.

If backwards-compatibility is that important to you, buy an XBox and duck tape it to your XBox 2. tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Also, I hope that white paper was wrong about the media XBox 2 will use. DVD9 won't be enough if Sony uses Blu-Ray in PS3.

#55 markland556

markland556

The xbox scene master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 05:46 PM

xbox 2 is already looking like its gunna cost alot and i heard somewhere that they know it wont be backwards compatibile. It kinda sucks but it has its good parts too.

#56 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (barracuda @ Jul 5 2004, 07:20 PM)
I hope the Xbox 2 isn't backwards-compatible. It would need more hardware and easily add ~$50 to the pricetag. By the time XBox 2 comes out, XBox 1 will be $49.99 or $79.99 new. Also, using the older parts to properly run XBox games could hinder performance of the XBox 2.

If backwards-compatibility is that important to you, buy an XBox and duck tape it to your XBox 2. tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Also, I hope that white paper was wrong about the media XBox 2 will use. DVD9 won't be enough if Sony uses Blu-Ray in PS3.

isn't the current xbox dual layer? i thought i read somewhere that it was and games just haven't used the extra space yet. what i'm getting at is just because ps3 may have gigantic storage media's doesn't mean they will be putting all that extra space to use any time soon.

#57 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 July 2004 - 01:17 AM

if ps3 uses blue ray its gonna be hella expensive

dvd9 should be more than enough, xbox1 doesnt even use half the disc for most games

Edited by lordvader129, 07 July 2004 - 01:18 AM.

#58 ibemonty2000

ibemonty2000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 07 July 2004 - 08:03 PM

Dont have 'em anymore, but the 'leaked' docs say dual-layered 7gb disc. 3gb or so on each for data space. I could be wrong though.

-Monty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users