• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 416freeze

416freeze

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 12:45 AM

Everything was working fine since my install back in Feb.

I FTP'ed 3 games today, restarted, and down it went.

The system loads past the initial MS animation, the X box symbol appears, the Xecutioner text pops up as usual under the Xbox symbol... but then the HD begins to make an odd pulsing noise, not normal, never heard it before... lthe screen begins to change frm the xbox symbol to the Evox menu, at about 1 frame every 4 seconds. It takes about 15mins to get the main menu to load. This makes this black box inoperable.

If I insert my Evox CD, the same. It takes litterally 15mins to get to the installs menu. At which pojnt it takes about 1 minute to sroll to the next item on the menu.

Seems to be affecting the system as a whole, DVD drive and HD.

I cannot connect via FTP at this point, even after 20mins. of waiting for the menu, cannot FTP.

There should be about 10GB left on my drive.

Any ideas? sad.gif

Fried drive?

#2 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 June 2004 - 12:48 AM

check your cables and connections inside, if not your hard drive might be dieing

#3 AlTheKiller

AlTheKiller

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:08 AM

yep id definately start backing up important stuff now

#4 Varsis

Varsis

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 06:46 AM

Someone get out the fork and knife, that drive is done!
Get what ever you can off it now. Cause buddy, that cows done gone back to the little computer graveyard in the sky! Pray to the RMA gods, maybe they'll bestow another of her little brethren upon you! gift.gif

#5 416freeze

416freeze

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:01 AM

Well ain't that a kick in the nuts. I can't backup anything at this point, since I cannot access the drive in anyway, shape or form.

Fortunately I do have my original 8GB drive, a few games, and all my emus/roms on my PC and ibook. So a switching I wll go.

Thanks for the replies fellas.

#6 hawgman

hawgman

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:SPORTS, xbox, pc's, electronics, hacking.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:33 AM

I bought a xbox off ebay which had the exact same symptoms. the hard drive was dying. i replaced the hard drive and tsop flashed it and its working fine now..

#7 416freeze

416freeze

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:10 AM

hmmm...now I'm worried then.

I have my original drive, with Evox installed and all, and it's operational last i checked.

Do you think I would need to do anything additional other than simply replacing the old drive with this burnt out one? Would I need to flash, or any of that (I'm not experienced in that dept.)?

Thanks guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users