8 replies to this topic

#1 mranbel

mranbel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:38 AM

I downgraded my dash from a 5659 to a 4920 using slayers files. Then I downloaded the UDE package from XBINS and followed the instructions to the letter, (PBL on E drive, evox on C, renamed the update to xboxdash.xbe) and it doesn't work. It brings up an error 21 screen. I followed 2 different tutorials that both said the same thing and it never works. What am I doing wrong? It seems strange that the bert_ate_ernie.xtf file is only 40k when the bert.xtf and ernie.xtf files were more like 10 megs. Is there something I should change on account of my downgraded dash? I really need help.

#2 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:50 AM

You didn't need to downgrade your dash in the first place. The bert ate ernie file is just fine even though it's small. An did you sign the default.xbe from pbl and are you sure it's in the root of E:?

#3 mranbel

mranbel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:14 AM

ok i used mad goukis folder with the xbedump to sign the pbl default and put it back in root e:/ and still nothing. it's not an error screen it just hangs at the big x with m$ logo. i've got evox in the root of c: called evoxdash.xbe. i changed fonts to f0nts, but i didn't rename the xtf files in the f0nts folder, i left them alone as the guide did not tell me to do anything. b ate e is on root of c, what is going on here. i keep trying and trying but nothing seems to work.

#4 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (mranbel @ Jun 23 2004, 11:14 PM)
ok i used mad goukis folder with the xbedump to sign the pbl default and put it back in root e:/ and still nothing. it's not an error screen it just hangs at the big x with m$ logo. i've got evox in the root of c: called evoxdash.xbe. i changed fonts to f0nts, but i didn't rename the xtf files in the f0nts folder, i left them alone as the guide did not tell me to do anything. b ate e is on root of c, what is going on here. i keep trying and trying but nothing seems to work.

GRRR!!! You're mixing and matching fonts that are from 2 different exploits. If you really want to do that, go for it, but the results won't be anywhere as good as a fully-exploited Xbox. laugh.gif

#5 mranbel

mranbel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:22 AM

as far as i know everything i'm using is from the ude package from xbins. i on;y said that i signed the default.xbe for pbl with a program from gouki's .zip. if that was wrong let me know, what program do i sign things with. but everything else is from the ude package.

#6 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 06:29 AM

- Did you xbox boot normally after downgrading the dash? Or to put it differently - are you sure your kernel support downgrades (what you have described so far could have been done from a game save hack so I dont think that's proof the kernel version is low enough).
- You should have no other *.xtf fonts besides bert-ate-ernie in C:\
- Make sure PBL is E:\default.xbe (and that PBL has all the required files and folders).
- Dont know what version of the update font you have in this package, but try the latest version. There are kernel-version specific fonts available that could rule out any problems with the generic font.
- If you have the nasm compiler you could try to uncomment the code that makes the LED blink to see if the font hack even trickers.
- Finally the language setting in the MS Dash can have an effect on this hack. Try setting it to English.

#7 mranbel

mranbel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 06:17 PM

no i used the files in slayers auto installer to bring the dash down to 4920, k 5101. i restarted the box and looked at the system info, said k. 5101 dash 4920. the xtf fonts also from slayer, are in the f0nts folder then the b at e is in the root of c. pbl that came from the ude package at xbins (alone with b ate e) is in the root of e:/. i don't know whether it's signed or not, i would assume it is since the ude tutorial never mentions having to sign the default.xbe from pbl. so everything is from either xbins or slayer autoinstaller 2.5, evox is from xbins 3935, called evoxdash.xbe in root of c: with the ini file and skin folder. the only other files on my c root are MODxboxdash.xbe and the update.xbe renamed to xboxdash.xbe. but this does not work. help

#8 dwcairns

dwcairns

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:12 PM

Im having a problem getting the MODxboxdash.xbe to work. I downloaded a package and followed the instructions exactly but when i try to launch the hacked xboxdash file my xbox comes up with error 21. evo-x and everything else works fine though.

#9 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:17 PM

it's better to hex your own xboxdash.xbe instead of using premade ones. There are different versions around and they do not all work on different xboxes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users