Instant Messenger / Live Headset

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yuyu

Yuyu

X-S Spirit Detective

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • Interests:Football (Soccer) ... Umm, Xbox?
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:29 PM

Ok so BJ has actively responded a few times to a discussion in the development forum about an Instant Messenger program. My question is who is going to make it, the other would be, will it be propriatary (sorry for the spelling) or will it be compatible with other messenger clients (AIM, MSN, Yahoo, etc..)

The next rambling is for you BJ.
Are you going to add some kind of vice support to actionscript? Maybe not for dictation/interfacing purpose, as that would be way too much work, but being able to open up the headset for communication purposes, on demand... I could see this as a viable option, since with the interent stuff people may be able to make some of there actionscript ported games into internet Multiplayer games... If they could just open up a voice connection when a game starts (if it exists on the machines used) then, they could close the connection at the end o the game or if you quit... Similarly, a propriatry direct-chat could be made with actionscript, to connect directly to one another, just for voice communication purposes...

Ok I'm done ranting... More from me again sometime...

#2 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:22 PM

Well, I have a headset, but I think voice support will have to wait for the post-"o" release.

#3 jcupp114

jcupp114

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 02 July 2004 - 01:00 PM

Ben an Yuyu,
I have noticed that xbc is using skype in its beta version. Just wondering if this could be a way to action script with a mini version of skype protocol for mxm.

Thank you for your time

Jcupp114

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users