• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 splinterhalo13

splinterhalo13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 03:30 AM

I was just wondering, my dvd drive, a philips, just broke and I was wondering if I could switch from a philips drive to a samsung drive.

Also if I should replace it with a samsung drive, what is the model number and where should I buy it?

Is there any software I have to put in so the operating system can recognize the Samsung drive?

Edited by splinterhalo13, 25 June 2004 - 03:39 AM.

#2 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 June 2004 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (splinterhalo13 @ Jun 24 2004, 11:30 PM)
I was just wondering, my dvd drive, a philips, just broke and I was wondering if I could switch from a philips drive to a samsung drive.

Also if I should replace it with a samsung drive, what is the model number and where should I buy it?

Is there any software I have to put in so the operating system can recognize the Samsung drive?

Drives are interchangible. Depends on the Samsung you want to put in--I believe the stock Xbox Samsung is model SDG-605 (605 for short). People have modded out PC Samsung 616 (616T & 616F) drives for use in their Xboxes... No extra software is needed, unless you are converting a PC Sammy into an Xbox one (Then you have to reflash the drives firmware).

#3 splinterhalo13

splinterhalo13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:04 PM

How do you reflash the drives?

Edited by splinterhalo13, 25 June 2004 - 02:04 PM.

#4 browndanielusn

browndanielusn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Database Design, anything computer related.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 June 2004 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (Blank @ Jun 25 2004, 06:48 AM)
People have modded out PC Samsung 616 (616T & 616F) drives for use in their Xboxes... No extra software is needed, unless you are converting a PC Sammy into an Xbox one (Then you have to reflash the drives firmware).

ebay always has these for sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users