#1 lordshodan

lordshodan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 05:12 PM

ENFIN!

While I was very disappointed with lack of turned-based RPGs except action RPGs that I do not really like this is the first time we'll see such game on XBOX.

What do you think about that? I really think it could be a great game especially because it is part of the Lord of the Rings trilogy all together.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#2 X2Gamer

X2Gamer

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 June 2004 - 06:47 PM

I not too sure because games that are based on movies are usually fairly limited, but games like final fantasy that aren't based on any real story can be more open can create an original story.

#3 devlkore

devlkore

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Interests:Games, Photoshop, martial arts, soft toys, PokéMon, PowerPuff Girls, cartoons, music, jumping
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:46 PM

I think this game is gonna be boring as shit. I watched a trailer at gametrailers.com and it just looks like fancy effects with boring everything else, Final Fantasy 7 has a bigger sense of awe about it and I'm only comparing the battles, forget the stories.

#4 Chicken Scratch Boy

Chicken Scratch Boy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 June 2004 - 12:58 AM

maybe it's an alternate storyline (ala KOTOR?)

#5 lebriznon

lebriznon

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 05:33 AM

screenshots dont look as good as i'd hope. and being a LOTR game, no matter how they make the plot, it will have to agree with the story, so thats a huge limitation. I dont think LOTR makes a very good rpg, especially a turn-based one.

#6 lordshodan

lordshodan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:32 PM

Well whatever it is, it will be the first "japanese style turned-based RPG" ever made on the XBOX. Maybe the last one, like said previously. This style is based from Japan and lack of sales of XBOX in Japan prevents releases for them on the XBOX which is a shame because I am interested by a lot of them.

#7 AgentofEvil

AgentofEvil

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:video games<br>pop &amp; fine art<br>film<br>existentialism<br>

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:17 PM

I'm pretty sure there are already a few japanese-style RPGs on Xbox; the catch is they haven't been released outside of Japan. If you're fluent in Japanese, you may want to check play-asia.com as they've got quite a selection of Japanese xbox games (including RPGs)...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users