• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bandit

Bandit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 12:05 AM

I have finally found a way to make my DVD+RW media to work and i am talking cheap brands too. What i have done is with evo on hd i modified my menu.ini with the following Item "CD Game", "d:\default.xbe"
AutoAddItem "d:\games\"

Place this in the Games section and when you load a cd just select to reboot and then got to launch menu and games and like i did just label the game CD Game since it is on cd or dvd and then game will start.

I tried everything to get them to boot on their own and this is how i finally did it. Next step is i want to put like 3 games on one DVD and somehow make it where i can go and select the game i want. I would appreciate any ideas on this and hope this helps out for those that have the same problems i did. I tried everything and then it just popped in my head to try this and walah it worked so then i thought how about DVD+RW from Primedisc which i would consider offbrand and it works flawlessly.

Anyways this is another way for those to try and get their games to work and is simple.

If you need help catch me on mIRC channels as i am around or catch me on MSN bandit4ever@hotmail.com

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#2 Drew826

Drew826

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 August 2002 - 12:17 AM

someone else mentioned that earlier today. it seems to work fairly well, but it doesn't always work for me. glad it works for you though!

#3 Bandit

Bandit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 12:20 AM

Another i found was that i have to put dvd/cd in and then reboot then launch menu. Also i am not sure since i haven't seen all the games out there but it may be possible there is something other than the filename default.xbe
Doubt it but who knows

#4 knepley

knepley

X-S Member

• Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:killing porters
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 05 August 2002 - 03:57 PM

When I first got my xbox ,4011(?) version, it would load princo DVD-R. Now it chooses to not boot them on startup. They were however accessible via the evoX ftp server. I did the AutoAddItem "d:\default.xbe" and now all of them work fine. I must've jolted something when I moved. Maybe the xbox is just not recognizing the disc fast enough to meet the window of time its given to load up the default.xbe. By the way, I get no slowdowns, choppy movies/sound or poor load times at all in game.

#5 kingkornkarn

kingkornkarn

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (Bandit @ Jul 31 2002, 11:05 PM)
I have finally found a way to make my DVD+RW media to work and i am talking cheap brands too. What i have done is with evo on hd i modified my menu.ini with the following Item "CD Game", "d:\default.xbe"

Place this in the Games section and when you load a cd just select to reboot and then got to launch menu and games and like i did just label the game CD Game since it is on cd or dvd and then game will start.

I tried everything to get them to boot on their own and this is how i finally did it. Next step is i want to put like 3 games on one DVD and somehow make it where i can go and select the game i want. I would appreciate any ideas on this and hope this helps out for those that have the same problems i did. I tried everything and then it just popped in my head to try this and walah it worked so then i thought how about DVD+RW from Primedisc which i would consider offbrand and it works flawlessly.

Anyways this is another way for those to try and get their games to work and is simple.

If you need help catch me on mIRC channels as i am around or catch me on MSN bandit4ever@hotmail.com

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

That's easy. Just edit your menu.ini games section again. Add "DVD Drive - Game 2", "DVD Drive - Game 1", "DVD Drive - Game 3", etc. Set the targets to d:\game\default.xbe 1, d:\game 2, d:\game 3, etc. When you burn multi-game discs, just give the folders for each game these names (game 1, game 2, game 3). Now just write which game is in which # folder on the disc. Pick the right # folder off the list, and play.

Or you could just put boXplorer on your XBOX E:\ . biggrin.gif

#6 knepley

knepley

X-S Member

• Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:killing porters
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 08 August 2002 - 03:36 PM

I forgot to set the time on my xbox when I moved. What the xbox wants to do when the time isn't set is just drop to the dashboard and bring up the time change dialog. But since I had evoX installed on the hd, I never got the dialog, just the dropping to dashboard. Set the time and now I get direct boot.

#7 A-Train

A-Train

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 05:46 PM

Bandit,

Do you have the Philips Drive that doesn't read DVD-RW?

#8 kingkornkarn

kingkornkarn

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 06:33 PM

Hey I edited my men.ini file to Launch Menu->Games->DVD Drive target d:\default.xbe. I noticed that for 1:1 games the words "DVD Drive" are red (bad), but if you click on it, it'll still launch the game (next time you go to Ev-X, the words "DVD Drive" will be white(good read)).

If you put in a multi-game disc and do the same, the Evo-X splash page comes up for a second, then back to Evo-X main screen. Check Launch Menu->Games, again. Underneath "DVD Drive" will be the names of all the games on the disc. Click on one and play. This works with a evo-X->reboot, also.

#9 atta

atta

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (Bandit @ Jul 31 2002, 11:05 PM)

How about just using AutoAddItem "d:\" ..? I've not tried this, coz I don't have ANY CD's at all! (Never bought one, never copied one - just ripped the ones I could come by to my HDD, downloaded, etc..).

But; this should find all your "default.xbe"-files on your DVD and add them to the menu. Mind you you need to reset after inserting the DVD or booth with the DVD in the drive.

A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users