#1 CGMneon

CGMneon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 05:11 AM

Hello.

About a week ago, I mysteriously started getting a Service Error screen with the number 11 on the top left corner of the television when I would start up my Xbox. Now it seems I can only successfully start up my Xbox to EvoX on rare occassions.

I found this information about the problem at http://www.x111.com/...hlight=error 11 :

"Service Error 11
Info: No DVD Drive found.
Solution: Check the IDE Connection/Cable and check the Power Supply. "

Okay, I opened up my Xbox and checked the IDE cords. The motherboard, DVD, and hard drive were all secured. I also used a different IDE cord to be doubly sure the cord wasn't the problem. I checked the DVD's yellow power cord, which was also tightly fastened. And my Xbox does start up (then usually will go to the error screen), so the problem isn't my "Power Supply", right? I mean, how can my power supply be bad if my hard drive is revving to go?

I'm using an original Xbox DVD-rom. Every once in a while, I can still get the Xbox to go smoothly. But this problem just doesn't seem to go away. If there's somewhere else on the motherboard I should check, please let me know.

Your thoughts are appreciated .

#2 AlTheKiller

AlTheKiller

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 26 June 2004 - 07:19 AM

if you have access to another xbox dvd drive id try to swap it in and see if it fixes it. ive heard of a few instances of phillips drives just up and dying suddenly.

#3 CGMneon

CGMneon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 03:47 PM

Thanks for the reply, AlTheKiller.

Maybe its time I got a Samsung 616T anyway.

#4 S1L3N7B0B

S1L3N7B0B

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:07 AM

This problem has happened to me and by what the searches have told me, a lot of others too. Though I have yet to see an answer to the problem. I even borrowed a friend's xbox and cable to test my problem. The drive just randomly stopped responding. I don't believe its getting any power, but everything else in my box works flawlesly.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I also thought I would add that I've opened it up as well adn checked for any noticeable problems - nothing out of the ordinary. A little dusty as expected, but the drive doesn't spin up or respond at all.

Edited by S1L3N7B0B, 08 December 2004 - 02:08 AM.

#5 S1L3N7B0B

S1L3N7B0B

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 04:54 AM

Anyone on the scene know anything about the random failure of DVD drives?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users