#1 random FIRE

random FIRE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 June 2004 - 07:58 AM

so if i hot swap, and have access to my xbox hdd on my pc, could i install evox and some other proggys then switch back then use evox normally? like ftp and wat not? i was reading some tuts, but they dont really say wat you can and cant do... pop.gif

#2 AlTheKiller

AlTheKiller

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:16 AM

no your pc doesnt recognize the fatx file system. therefore, you cant read/write to it.

#3 random FIRE

random FIRE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (AlTheKiller @ Jun 26 2004, 10:16 AM)
no your pc doesnt recognize the fatx file system. therefore, you cant read/write to it.

!?! then wat is the point of hot swapping? there is a program called HDD_DRIVER that allows you to backup and write to it...
taken straight from tutorial:

Now re-open the HDD Driver (it usally closes itself) and expand the "system" partition on the left. Ok there should be a whole heap of files in here (dont worry if it all looks corrupted its NOT) now you should see a "fonts" folder here (providing you have a newer XBOX version or you updated the dashboard using a XBOX live enabled game).

expand the "fonts" directory. there should be 2 files in there named "Xbox.xtf" and "Xbox Book.xtf". Ok now right click these files in the LEFT window (one at a time DUH!) and choose "properties" now chage the extension on each file from ".xtf" to ".old" DO NOT LEAVE THE .XTF EXTENSION ON THESE FILES!
I also found that those files were located in the main directory so i just renamed them aswell.

Now extract that Xploit file you downloaded earlier.
Now using the LEFT pane of the window go back to the "fonts" directory and right click it.
select the option "insert file". select the "Bert.xtf" (yes the one we downloaded and extracted) and insert it into the directory. do the same with the "ernie.xtf".

now browse back to the main folder (the parent directory for "fonts") and insert the file that we downloaded in our exploit pack "default.xbe".

biggrin.gif or is it im just reading it wrong? anyone else?

#4 random FIRE

random FIRE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 09:19 AM

anyone? Also i took this from the program description up at megagames:
Xbox HDD Driver is a Win2K/XP driver to modify the XBox Harddisk contents.

i really wanna try this bur i wanna know that if i get it to work, if i wil beable to install a dash this way... ph34r.gif

#5 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (AlTheKiller @ Jun 26 2004, 06:16 AM)

completely false!

you can access your xbox drive in your pc after hoyswapping by using special apps that can access FATX. one of these is HDD Driver. i think there are other ones that might work better. just look in the TOOLS section here on X-S in the harddrive tools.

plus, if you want to put evox on your unmodded xbox, you will need to install the dashboard exploit of your choice (UDE, fonts, audio,...). the easiest way to do this would be to put an exploit gamesave on your xbox drive after hotswapping. then, gain access via ftp and upload your dash exploit, PBL and whatever you want. just make sure that you know what you're doing when installing exploits.

#6 random FIRE

random FIRE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 12:42 PM

ok, i just hotswapped and i backed up my xb hdd, now wat? there is a continuis amount of errors and it wont show my files. sad.gif

#7 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (random FIRE @ Jun 26 2004, 10:42 AM)
ok, i just hotswapped and i backed up my xb hdd, now wat? there is a continuis amount of errors and it wont show my files. sad.gif

where are the errors? on your pc or your xbox?

also, you said you hotswapped successfully. when exactly did you remove the IDE cable? at bootup or in the dash. i've been trying to hotswap just for fun since i've never tried it before but it can't seem to unlock. when EXACTLY did u unplug it?

#8 random FIRE

random FIRE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 03:30 PM

i get errors using hddd, the proggy that reads ure xbox hdd, It says 5-10 errors is common, mine just dont stop.

i swapped the cables right as the MS logo shows, then resume my boot on my pc. works niffty, if i could find a decent program... sad.gif

Edited by random FIRE, 26 June 2004 - 03:30 PM.

#9 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 03:42 PM

there are currently better apps than HDD driver (pretty old). just look in the tools/harddrive tools section for other proggies

#10 random FIRE

random FIRE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 03:53 PM

hmmm, i have some linux smarts, ill try x-linux. biggrin.gif

#11 random FIRE

random FIRE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (random FIRE @ Jun 26 2004, 05:53 PM)
hmmm, i have some linux smarts, ill try x-linux. biggrin.gif

i guess my linux smartsa rent shinning to bright, when i enter a simple comand it gives me a bunch of geberish help or something. uhh.gif anyway, i tryed hddd, and fatxbox ex. any others smile.gif

#12 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 05:59 PM

i used HD_fatxbox_explorer (by team gueux) but it's in french. you can also try fatxplorer (in english) since it works the same way. anyway, i did this and didn't get ANY errors whatsoever. (make sure your xbox HD is getting it's power from the pc molex connector and not the xbox's molex connector. (that's what i did wrong)

the pc drive was set as primary master and the xbox HD was set as secondary master. don't plug in anything other than those 2 drives (not even a cd-rom)

Edited by atomiX, 26 June 2004 - 06:01 PM.

#13 random FIRE

random FIRE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 06:26 PM

with xlinux i was running my xbox hdd as primary master, and fatxbox allways crashes when i load the hdd, it says it there and everyting, and when it goes to read it, it crashes. I will try the english versio,n, maybe it is differnt. im also locking aound for others, and attempting with hddd again. cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users