• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16 staticFLINT

staticFLINT

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts
  • Interests:my only interest is making sure i always have fun with what i am doing... lets go be lame! yEAH!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:28 PM

LIVE is loaded on when you first go to play a LIVE game, the basic XBOX out of the box dose not have it installed already.... i think anyways?

#17 B1uSt33l

B1uSt33l

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:XBOX!!!!
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:59 PM

Hmm.....

#18 Sir_Vival

Sir_Vival

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 09:41 PM

*sigh* How could an xbox boughten on say, the release date, come with live when live wasn't even conceptionalised then? Unless there's a feature on the xbox that I don't know about that lets it go in to the future.

Not to mention, a lot of times Live needs to update when you first use it.

#19 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:22 AM

Systems that shipped in the fist 12-16 months had no LIVE dash tab.

System after than.. like the recent units from the last year (based on MFR date.. not on when someone actually bought one.. as many sit on shelfs for months.. even years).. all have at least a LIVE tab in the ms dash..

#20 joseph_hac

joseph_hac

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Sir_Vival @ Jun 29 2004, 11:41 PM)
*sigh*  How could an xbox boughten on say, the release date, come with live when live wasn't even conceptionalised then?  Unless there's a feature on the xbox that I don't know about that lets it go in to the future.

Not to mention, a lot of times Live needs to update when you first use it.

QUOTE (Psykomantis00 @ Jun 29 2004, 04:12 PM)
Your dumb.

Look's like HSDEMONZ just proved the both of you dicks wrong! rotfl.gif

#21 Master-Chief

Master-Chief

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:05 PM

Xenon should have the same cords/dongles as the Xbox because that way, you could just use your old Xbox controller on it. wink.gif

#22 C4TRMNTOR

C4TRMNTOR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:29 PM

The past ten posts have been horribly off topic.

#23 _1_

_1_

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (Psykomantis00 @ Jun 29 2004, 10:12 AM)
Your dumb.

I second that

#24 josh689

josh689

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Interests:Football, Weightlifting, Xbox

Posted 03 July 2004 - 02:00 AM

I think "Xbox Next" (Much Better Name Than Xenon) will probably have this:

A Smaller Hard Drive, I Think M$ will realize that they did not have to put a 10GB Hard Drive in the Xbox, they will probably drop the size down to 4-6GB

DVD Drive that reads only Xbox Games and Music CD's, nothing else.

Same controller ports as the Xbox but you will be able to buy the second piece of the controller (The part that connects to the Xbox) as a USB port and it will include Drivers to install on your computer. (They Want to make that little more money dry.gif )

Same Cables as Xbox but you will be able to buy a M$ VGA port to play on your computer monitor (Again they want to make that extra money, and make it as much as a PC as possible)

Memory Card ports built on system

Perhaps a new color scheme, keep the dark black (Perhaps a Black and Red would look nice)

Thats what I think...

You guys are saying a bunch of crap like ya add this cause it will be easier to hack and mod. But M$ does not want you to mod so they will make it more diffulcult. Thats why I am being realistic with what I said above. Of Coarse I would like a 400GB Hard Drive, A DVD Drive that reads burnt games and everything you put in it, and all that that M$ would lose money on.

Cya,

Josh689

#25 XxxxPhaZexxxX

XxxxPhaZexxxX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 12:09 PM

There are 2 things that the Xenon MUST have:
- Standard a optical or coaxial digital output
- Some kind of button combination on the controller to turn on or turn off the xbox! (really important because I hate to get out of bed!)

Edited by XxxxPhaZexxxX, 05 July 2004 - 03:33 PM.

#26 joseph_hac

joseph_hac

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:16 PM

I think with Xenon, Micro$oft will be moving more towards having it function as a complete media centre. I beileve it may have a small hard drive in it (to applease and atttract developers) and limited media compatibility out of the box. However, Micro$oft will sell an add-on (maybe in the form of a dock) which will give the Xenon complete PVR functionality and a much larger hard drive. It's kinda like what they did with the DVD playback kit.

#27 polyesterjones

polyesterjones

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:17 PM

Some kind of button combination on the controller to turn or turn off the xbox! (really important because I hate to get out of bed!)

That's a damn good idea, if I must say so myself.

#28 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 July 2004 - 02:37 PM

A Smaller Hard Drive, I Think M$ will realize that they did not have to put a 10GB Hard Drive in the Xbox, they will probably drop the size down to 4-6GB

That's not really going to save any money. There is a base cost for any HDD due the the mechanical drive and such regardless of the storage space. We have 300 GB HDDs now that are very cheap per GB. Dropping from a 10 to 6 GB drive would save virtually nothing. Also, does anyone even make HDD platters that small anymore?

Some kind of button combination on the controller to turn or turn off the xbox! (really important because I hate to get out of bed!)

I agree. I've modded my controller so that it has a power button and it's extremely handy. I don't know why all companies don't have some sort of power button on their controllers.

Edited by Thraxen, 03 July 2004 - 02:39 PM.

#29 josh689

josh689

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Interests:Football, Weightlifting, Xbox

Posted 03 July 2004 - 02:58 PM

Heres a pretty neat idea for xbox next and its size.. to make it smaller what if they were to put small laptop hard drives in em?

#30 Psykomantis00

Psykomantis00

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (josh689 @ Jul 3 2004, 04:58 PM)
Heres a pretty neat idea for xbox next and its size.. to make it smaller what if they were to put small laptop hard drives in em?

Those are expensive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users