6 replies to this topic

#1 olfogie12

olfogie12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 12:38 PM

cool.gif As my topic title says I got a xbox box a couple of days ago and plan on installing a mod chip in it as soon as i've got the nerve and can afford it. What I am wanting to know is has any one had any experiences with the X-ecuter 2 (v2.3b) and if so would they recommend it or not. I've got some experiences with soldering thanks to a couple of ps2s and was wondering how difficult it would be compared to them as these attempts did'nt exactly turn out to be the best choice i've ever made. I've also noticed that you have the option to either install this chip with or with out a pin header and would like to know which would be the best and most reliable of the two. I also plan sooner or later to upgrade the HDD but I still want to be able to make back-up copies of some of my future games as well as putting some on the HDD assuming that this chip would work on games copied to cd or dvd as my ps2s sure as heck did'nt want to. Thanks for any advice you might have and sorry for such a long post.

******THE ONLY STUPID QUESTION ASKED WAS ONE THAT WAS NEVER ASKED!!!

#2 jhadhur

jhadhur

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 27 June 2004 - 12:55 PM

Bro do yourself a favor stop contemplating and just install the darn chip. Your
gaming experience will greatly improve. I was the same way only a few months ago.

Take the leap, choose the red pill, walk into the light.

On serious note: install the pin header simpliest, most efficient easier to trouble shoot.

Read tutorial on preparing d0, if you dont want to pull motherboard all the way out
or you can use bottom point which is physically easier to solder.

I have installed several x 2.3b lites not a bid chip. I own a x 2.2 pro machine(F.Y.I)

www.teamexecutor.com <- check link cant spell has a good step by step to install and flash x lite.

Also use dual watt 15/30 W solder iron. The easiset wat to screw up is singe board with to hot iron.

P.S. GOOD Luck beerchug.gif

#3 GameGuru1

GameGuru1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 June 2004 - 01:51 PM

The Xecuter chips are great, I've never had a problem with them. The soldering isn't too hard at all, except occasionally the D0. And yes you can play backups off of CD/DVD or the HD.

#4 gsgleason

gsgleason

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 June 2004 - 03:28 PM

soldering an xecuter chip is infinitetly easier than modding a ps2. It took me about 4 hours to mod my ps2, start to finish, and it takes me about 20 minutes to install an xecuter 2.3b lite chip.

#5 olfogie12

olfogie12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:55 AM

wink.gif Thanks for the info guys I would'nt be so timid if it was'nt for the fact that i've shelled out about 100 green backs on chips for the ps2 and the only thing i've been able to get to work was swap magic with a flip case. One things for dam sure is that im going to have to do a heck of alot of reading on these forums to find out how and what all can be done with the box as the possibilities in comparison to the ps2 are enormous. Thanks again and keep on modding!!!

#6 green_beetle

green_beetle

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:02 AM

the ps2 is supposed to be alot harder to mod than a xbox.

just read the tutes for installing a chip and you'll be fine.

just a few soldering points and you'll be setup in no time.

#7 ..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
  • Interests:I am a sophmore in JROTC @ Theodore Roosevelt High School in San Antonio , TX
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:58 AM

olf go xecuter its reliable and better than others...dude trust me it is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users