8 replies to this topic

#1 CletusTheDwarf

CletusTheDwarf

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:50 AM

I was wondering if there was a way to make it so you could do a reset of the xbox using the controler, much like you can by hitting those 4 buttons on the controler. I know it' be harder, as the remote can only transmit one code at a time, but maybe a sequence of buttons? I ask because it would be nice for times like if I'm watching a dvd, I use the default ms dash dvd player, but when it's done, it'd be convienient to be able to reset and go back to xbmc rather then needing to do a manual hard reset.

#2 Softbone

Softbone

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:24 AM

That is not an XBMC question since the xbox can only run one xbe file at a time. So when you start the MS dash DVD palyer it is only the MS DVD palyer that is running.
This have to be supported in the bios, so this question belong in the bios forum.

#3 CletusTheDwarf

CletusTheDwarf

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:26 AM

good point, thanks, i'll post there

#4 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Student, Mathematical Finance.<br>Most sports, footbal (Arsenal fan), cricket &amp; rugby<br>Movie Junkie.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:26 AM

not that i'm aware of- however you could consider using tHc lite for your dvd playback requirements (its multiregion will, load on an unlocked hd and has some pretty cool additional features over the standard m$dash), that has the additional options in the settings of a poerdown and reboot- so provided you are using it as an app you will reboot back to xbmc.

It will however require a little hex editing to get it to work correctly from any drive or folder other than the default c:\ paritition

#5 CletusTheDwarf

CletusTheDwarf

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 01:04 PM

does it have support for dvd menus?

#6 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Student, Mathematical Finance.<br>Most sports, footbal (Arsenal fan), cricket &amp; rugby<br>Movie Junkie.

Posted 28 June 2004 - 01:06 PM

yeah- its essentially a hacked m$ dash (pre live)

#7 Aron Parsons

Aron Parsons

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:50 PM

I use tHc as my primary dash, and have in fact done something similar. Once you stop the DVD, if you hit the 'Stop' button again, it shuts off the Xbox. You could just as easily have it launch XBMC again, or do anything you want. It takes a little programming know-how (basically how to call functions and maybe an if-else statement --> stuff you can learn in about 5 minutes). If you're not booting a retail BIOS ever, might as well just replace your M$ dash with tHc (or even tHc Lite now for the newbies).

#8 CletusTheDwarf

CletusTheDwarf

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:54 PM

sounds like tHC will work even without any programing, because I have XBMC set up as my default dash now, so I can just have tHC reset the xbox, which will bring up xbmc again. but this is the first i've heard of tHC, can you fill me in on it? Like the difference between the lite and non lite version, among other info?

#9 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:10 PM

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=174872

As Aron Parsons says tHc lite is the newb version but depending on what you're after it is more than enough (has everything the m$ dash has) alot easier to set up than tHC though not as configurable- but then again do you need it to be more configurable?- if you want to stick with Avalaunch/XBMC as your main dash

one thing you should note it that it doesn't have a probably never will have ftp support- but it looks very nice smile.gif

Edited by nimbles, 28 June 2004 - 05:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users