#1 dman7

dman7

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:18 PM

I had the MXM skinner running fine up until I tried to lay the Image/Video. After I choose the resource, I take the mouse and start to stretch the box in the design area and that is when the program closes automatically. It does this now everytime I try it....and now it has also started doing it when I load up my old skin. Any suggestions? It was running fine but it eventually just started getting worse and worse.

Thanks,
-dman

#2 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:17 AM

Does it do it with pictures, or videos? Try removing any references to videos from the skin.xml file, and see if it loads up the skin.

<Resource name="thisvid" type="image">
<file>nameofvideo.wmv</file>
</Resource>

and

<Layoutelement Type="image" source="thisvid">
<pos blah blah>
</LayoutElement>

#3 dman7

dman7

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:47 AM

It does it with pictures. Here's basically the two causes:

1). If I load up my old skin

2). Starting fresh on a brand new skin- If I do the image/video, add the picture(just picture...I did preview videos in mxm presets and it worked fine....just the custom picture) resource, then click in the black area to stretch the box. It closes as soon as I click on the black area to stretch the box.

These are the only two instances that will cause it. I'm really excited to get my skin going, but I don't see how I can do it easiley without this program. I hope I get it working soon.

Thanks.
-dman

EDIT: To no success, I also did the "Double-click the ocxanddll.reg file to enable DLL and OCX right-click menus. Right click each of the included DLL and OCX files (except zlib), and click "Register". But the zlib.dll file was the only file that could not be registered "becuase the dll register entry point server was not found".

Edited by dman7, 29 June 2004 - 09:00 AM.

#4 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (dman7 @ Jun 29 2004, 01:47 PM)
It does it with pictures. Here's basically the two causes:

1). If I load up my old skin

2). Starting fresh on a brand new skin- If I do the image/video, add the picture(just picture...I did preview videos in mxm presets and it worked fine....just the custom picture) resource, then click in the black area to stretch the box. It closes as soon as I click on the black area to stretch the box.

These are the only two instances that will cause it. I'm really excited to get my skin going, but I don't see how I can do it easiley without this program. I hope I get it working soon.

Thanks.
-dman

EDIT: To no success, I also did the "Double-click the ocxanddll.reg file to enable DLL and OCX right-click menus. Right click each of the included DLL and OCX files (except zlib), and click "Register". But the zlib.dll file was the only file that could not be registered "becuase the dll register entry point server was not found".

Shouldn't be a dll/ocx problem.

It's probably the picture you're using. What format is it, and what program did you use to make it?

If you could post the picture here, that would be cool.

#5 dman7

dman7

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:58 PM

I'm at school so I can't post it but I can tell everything about it. It's in .PNG format, it's size is 640x480 pixels, and it has 600 dpi. I used this software called photosudio by Arcsoft(came with my Canon scanner) to scan it. Do you think the high dpi could have something to do with it?

Thanks,
-dman

EDIT: I'm not sure the picture has something to do with it because I removed all references to it in the .XML and when I tried to load it it still crashed upon loading.

Edited by dman7, 29 June 2004 - 04:35 PM.

#6 dman7

dman7

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:00 AM

Ok, the problem was when I saved the PNG file I saved it as Interlaced and for it to work on MXM skinner the .PNG must be saved with no interlace.

This is a great program though. Minus a few bugs, it makes skinning ALOT easier.

Thanks,
-dman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users