• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kiros_mysterio

kiros_mysterio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:12 PM

Ok a few weeks ago all the dvd movies I played skipped real bad, but would play fine in other players. It still was playing games without skipping though. Then last night I attempted to play splinter cell 2 from my hardrive and it froze on the player select screen. I thought maybe my box need cleaning and opened the top and began cleaning out all the dust, I used a q-tip to try and clean my disc unit. Powered the unit back up and now the splinter cell works and the rest of my games but now the disc unit wont read at all, I put in a disc and it just goes straight to my dash not even a disc read errors. But everything else works fine so do you guys think I can just replace the disc unit I have a thompsons. Also does anyone know where I can get a good drive from I just want to swap the drive plug and play method nothing else. Any help is greatly appreciated, and before you blast me I spent over an hour looking at other post for my answers just didnt get the right answer for my specific question

#2 InsuranceWhore

InsuranceWhore

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 01:13 PM

Hey buddy,

I have a similar problem where my dvd drive will play movies for about 10-15 minutes then crash to the MS dashboard. I burned out one of the LCDs trying to mod the thing and think that may have something to do with it. But I haven't gotten any solid answers yet. I'd be curious to hear about what you find out and if I find anything out I can email you if you would like. I'm trying really hard to get it fixed but can't seem to find the info anywhere and I've tried to look for troubleshooting guides.

My box is only like a month old too. I guess I'll need to go back into and check to make sure all the wires are connected--Oh yeah a fine gentleman told me yesterday to make sure that the IDE cable was secure in the rear of the drive--maybe that would help you too??? I'm still learning so don't take my advice as gospel, okay dude?

#3 kiros_mysterio

kiros_mysterio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:04 PM

bump

#4 kiros_mysterio

kiros_mysterio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:24 PM

please help
Just want to know if you guys think the drive is gone as I said i get no error just doesnt load games goes right to my dash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users