• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MrHappyMonkey

MrHappyMonkey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 09:39 AM

I've tried a couple CD-RW DVD rips and they take forever to load. One in particular that is bad is 007 agent under fire. It takes like 5 minutes for it to initally load, than after each room you enter you have to wait another 5 minutes to load. Is this normal? I ended up just ripping the game to the HD w/ evo-x. Also, is there an app that can take a game direcctly from the disk inside the xbox to the HD without 1st transfering it to your HD? If so, whats the name and where can i download it?

#2 WiKKiD

WiKKiD

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 02:06 PM

Cd-rw is inherently slow.

Program is called XBCopy.

#3 MrHappyMonkey

MrHappyMonkey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (WiKKiD @ Aug 1 2002, 01:06 PM)
Cd-rw is inherently slow.

Program is called XBCopy.

where can i download xbcopy?

#4 hexxmap

hexxmap

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 August 2002 - 09:46 AM

just replace the xbox dvd with a pc dvd and close it up and u will have super fast load timez!!! and u will b able to play cd-r,cd-rw,dvd-r,dvd-rw
and depending on your pc dvd reader dvd+r and dvd+rw! BUT u will need to put back the orginal xbox dvd to play orginals.

#5 WiKKiD

WiKKiD

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 04:47 PM

Unfortunatley I believe xbcopy was made with the xbox sdk, so I can't post a url for it here, but if you go to irc/efnet #xbins, you can find anything you may need there.

#6 MrHappyMonkey

MrHappyMonkey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (hexxmap @ Aug 2 2002, 08:46 AM)
just replace the xbox dvd with a pc dvd and close it up and u will have super fast load timez!!! and u will b able to play cd-r,cd-rw,dvd-r,dvd-rw
and depending on your pc dvd reader dvd+r and dvd+rw! BUT u will need to put back the orginal xbox dvd to play orginals.

i don't have a DVD rom drive. Can I use a CD-RW drive?

#7 powerben5000

powerben5000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 10:32 PM

tongue.gif

If you're feeling brave, you could tweak the Xbox DVD drive's potentiometer...having done it myself, all my CDRWs load much faster. tongue.gif

--BenMan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users