10 replies to this topic

#1 andwhutnot

andwhutnot

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 03:12 AM

I recently backed up Driv3r to my HDD...

When I run it from UnleashX it ONLY runs in progressive scan!!! ie, the screen is all flickery and it's impossible to see anything.

When I run it from the Disk (straight from MSdash), or when I launch it from Evox or Avalaunch it works perfectly.

It seems clear that the bug is within UnleashX... I have no clue how to fix it. It's quite a hassle running the game from another dash.

Any clues as to a possible fix? FYI, it's not the newest version of Unleash... I have not yet upgraded (due to networking issues)... it's version 0.35.0605.

HELP ME!!

#2 love_tropicana

love_tropicana

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 July 2004 - 03:49 AM

Well i'd gladly be corrected on this if i'm wrong but UnleashX cannot tell your games to run in progressive modes, the only thing you can tell UnleashX is to run itself in progressive modes. I wouldn't be so quick to shout bug as it infact isn't so clear as you make it out to be.

By the sound of it you are either trying to run a NTSC game in PAL or a PAL game in NTSC without your TV-set supporting it. Go into video settings and change your multi region settings to the video mode that's right for you. If the title isn't multi-region try pressing start button when the game is highlighted in the menu and try forcing it to launch in your video mode.

As far as progressive, i think it's only changeable through MS Dashboard.

Could also be that you've "bought" the wrong version, maybe the PAL BETA version from AOC group. Wichever the case is you should quickly forget about Driv3r since it's utterly rubbish. wink.gif

Well try the Multi Region setting, that should do the trick.

#3 afon

afon

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 04:31 AM

Could also be that you've "bought" the wrong version, maybe the PAL BETA version from AOC group.

LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing. From what I've seen, PAL Driver is the only one at the 'Pirates' seashore store. Hmm

Edited by afon, 01 July 2004 - 04:31 AM.

#4 pdottz

pdottz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 July 2004 - 05:12 AM

I'll let you guys know if this really is a ux problem tomorrow. gamecrazy has it in stock here in az so it'll be ntsc.

#5 pepsik

pepsik

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 03:45 PM

I've got the NTSC version and it plays fine off the HDD.

This game is a GTA:VC clone so your not missing much.

#6 tennis_teen

tennis_teen

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:playing xbox, xbox mods, tennis, & drumming.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 July 2004 - 01:13 AM

i have the same problem when loading driv3r from unleashX.

#7 andwhutnot

andwhutnot

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 01:20 AM

My apologies... I didnt realize "bug" was such a dirty word. I certainly hope no one was offended. I do honestly think UX is the best dash out right now and I am thankful for it.

What is dirty, however is your insinuation that I have a pirated copy. The copy I OWN is NTSC.

I honestly appreciate your help, but please, try not to make backhanded comments... it's really quite rude.

As I posted in my original inquiry, the DISK runs fine from MSdash, EvoX, and Avalaunch. The BACKUP runs fine from EvoX and Avalaunch.

I diagnosed the issue as best as I could with what I know. The game launches correctly from other dashboards, but when launched from UX is flickery and it's impossible to see anything (just like an interlace TV trying to see a progressive scan image).

You were, however, correct. UX (for whatever reason) is launching the game in PAL by default. It works fine if I force NTSC...

#8 XXXXXX

XXXXXX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 July 2004 - 02:10 AM

i have driv3r running fine off the hdd using ux and its pal, and bye the way driv3r is not a vc clone as the driver series started the whole thing, so get that up ya pepsik mad.gif

#9 polyesterjones

polyesterjones

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 08:59 AM

I have UX, and Driv3er runs fine from the HDD, and from the disc. However, the first time I backed it up, the game wouldn't load at all. The second time worked fine though.

[rant]
What is all of this "the game that started it all" hype? Driver didnt start crap, except for a violent driving game (which already existed, meaning that they really didn't start anything). Even so, that's a little too broad of a term to suggest they started anything. They might as well state that it's "The game that uses coding to actually function, therefore we started coding, in general!"
[/rant]

Don't get me wrong, it's a fairly decent game. I just don't agree with what they're trying to suggest with their marketing ideals.

#10 pdottz

pdottz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 10:55 AM

polyesterjones, love your sigs smile.gif

#11 pepsik

pepsik

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (XXXXXX @ Jul 2 2004, 04:10 AM)
i have driv3r running fine off the hdd using ux and its pal, and bye the way driv3r is not a vc clone as the driver series started the whole thing, so get that up ya pepsik mad.gif

Opinions are opinions and mine differs from yours. I didn't like the game, now deal with it. I don't like the X-S flame war mentally so I'll just leave it at that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users