2 replies to this topic

#1 XbOxGoD

XbOxGoD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 11 January 2003 - 03:08 AM

i have a small games retail shop in the uk, and a guy who bought an xbox off me brought back his console complaining about the 3 resets and red flashing lights. i instantly new he'd tried to chip it (also given away by the fact that the labels on the back of the xbox were put upside down) . after much argueing with him trying to get a refund, i managed to get the story out of him. he tried alligning the matrix on his 1.1 xbox, but it wouldn't work, and he read somewhere to fill in the lpc points with solder smile.gif. fair enough, but what he did was so crazy, he soldered the lpc points with the xbox still plugged in at the maions biggrin.gif haha. so he wondered why sparks were coming from his soldering iron to his xbox, i just laughed told him it was hopeless tring to return the console. and he purchased a new one on the spot, no doubt i will get another "non working" xbox returned to me in a couple of days with new labels, but i doubt he is that clever. the moral of the story is, don't solder with an electric soldering iron while the xbox is still plugged in (or any electronic item for that matter, the only safe way to do that is with gas powered ) biggrin.gif

#2 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 January 2003 - 03:27 AM

you should never solder something that is still plugged in.it's easiest electronic knowledge.what a dumbass laugh.gif

#3 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 January 2003 - 03:38 AM

The next time he comes in try to sell him a matrix for $99 and see if he buys it. If so you made a complete jackass out of him and made some money too. You cannot go wrong

LepPpeR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users