414 replies to this topic

#361 dynamike1

dynamike1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:25 AM

Do I need an eeprom from a same version xbox? Because i got banned on my v1.0 and my friend, whos eeprom i can have, has a v1.1.. sad.gif

#362 Syquus

Syquus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:32 PM

Hello dudes. I've an X with X2 Pro, 4978, and an upgraded HD locked.

I hadn't yet "buy" live!. but my xbox is always conected to internet. I've tested yesterday the locked hd, running original dash (using xboxdash.xbe con c:\, and other time disabling X2, and powering on).
The dashboard worked ok, but i dunno if it has connected to live... and i could be banned.. or whatever.

is it possible without having an account?? would have i problems if now i buy live, and try to use? i wouldn't want to waste 60 $

Regards

#363 deathnightrider

deathnightrider

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 04:45 PM

Alright. Search didn't work... and i personally didn't feel like searching through 25 pages.

I have the uxe softmod. You didn't mention this is the tut. What do i do :S I want to be able to use my trainer. But if i'm runnign m$ how can I?

#364 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:09 PM

easy, you cant and you dont

dont cheat on Live

#365 deathnightrider

deathnightrider

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:59 PM

Alright well, that was pointless.

Now my #2 problem. I cant use trainers while running off my hd :S I've reset all my cache by deleting the xyz drives... i turn it on save and exit run the cd... and it doesn't work :S

#366 deathnightrider

deathnightrider

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:33 AM

Hey... I hotswapped and i want to play on live... can i just like cold boot?

#367 markccalhoun

markccalhoun

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Tinkering. Modding computers and now XBOX's. Trying to learn new things. I've modded a few Xbox's.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:07 PM

Some games automatically try to connect to Xbox Live whether you want them to or not.

I got banned because I started to play a game on my HDD and it automatically connected to Live. I saw what it was doing but couldn't get to the Xbox fast enough to turn it off and prevent the connection. I was banned immeadiately.

I read all the forums that I could find on modding, and using Live with a modded Xbox, before I modded mine and never saw a post saying that it would be best to disconnect your Xbox from the internet BEFORE playing a game on your HDD.

My recommendation is that you disconnect the internet feed from your xbox before EVER playing a game on your HDD to make sure that it is impossible for your modded Xbox to connect to Live without your express desire for it to connect. If I would have just done that, I could still play on Live if I wanted to.

On another note. I phoned the (800) 4my-xbox number and after a long discussion they told me that my Xbox SERIAL number was banned permanately and that my Xbox would never be allowed on their service again. (Anybody want to buy my Live Starter Kit w/Crimson Skies HRTR?)

I hope that this will help some people out.

#368 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,752 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE(markccalhoun @ Jun 21 2005, 06:18 PM)
On another note. I phoned the (800) 4my-xbox number and after a long discussion they told me that my Xbox SERIAL number was banned permanately and that my Xbox would never be allowed on their service again. (Anybody want to buy my Live Starter Kit w/Crimson Skies HRTR?)

I hope that this will help some people out.

View Post

heh, all you gotta do is change the serial number, get a vigin eeprom and a new stock HD and youll be good to go

BTW, games only log in to Live automatically if autologin is enabled or your ingmae profile is the same as your gamertag (IE gamertag:markccalhoun, player profile:markccalhoun)

#369 JD117SXY

JD117SXY

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:28 PM

I was banned a few days ago. So all I have to do is flash a new EEprom or are there any other steps.

#370 X-ECUTIONER

X-ECUTIONER

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:33 AM

So if you can't get on XBL with modded content then how do all these halo 2 modders get to play alot I have played with alot of them on XBL how do they do it WITHOUT GETTING BANNED?

#371 notdumb

notdumb

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 September 2005 - 12:39 AM

I have an XBOX that has been on live before - but not banned... so I have a good eeprom... can I use that info from my C: backup I extracted with liveinfo when I install a new hdd, or will I get busted on live?

(I will remove all non M$ files *evox* or move them to f drive)

I have read all 20+ pages here and my brain is mush now...sorry for lame question...

#372 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,752 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE(notdumb @ Sep 15 2005, 07:50 PM)
I have an XBOX that has been on live before - but not banned... so I have a good eeprom... can I use that info from my C: backup I extracted with liveinfo when I install a new hdd, or will I get busted on live?

(I will remove all non M$ files *evox* or move them to f drive)

I have read all 20+ pages here and my brain is mush now...sorry for lame question...

View Post

read marriage theory 101, if you switch HDs on live you will get banned

#373 notdumb

notdumb

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:34 PM

Lordvader - thanks...

I thought you could manipulate the hdd so it would "assum the identity" of the stock hdd... too bad for me !!

I have seen only one place I can get an eeprom...and I now have 4 XBOX that I need to upgrade...one being a virgin box... so I now need 3 'proms..

Nobody has come up with an eeprom generator yet...? (Wishful thinking)

I wish I could help the scene in some way to overcome this obstacle... (I have played video games since Magnavox came out with the Oddysey system... so I have been around for a while.)

...but seriously HOW CAN I HELP??

#374 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,752 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE(notdumb @ Sep 16 2005, 05:45 PM)
Lordvader - thanks...

I thought you could manipulate the hdd so it would "assum the identity" of the stock hdd... too bad for me !!

View Post

no, MS goes by HD serial number, and there is no way change it (and i doubt there ever will be one)

I have seen only one place I can get an eeprom...and I now have 4 XBOX that I need to upgrade...one being a virgin box... so I now need 3 'proms..

zodiak over in b/s/t always has eeproms for sale, good price too

Nobody has come up with an eeprom generator yet...? (Wishful thinking)

no, because MS liekly has a list of all valid eeproms on their server, a generatd eeprom wouldnt be on the ist and thus wont work

#375 notdumb

notdumb

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 01:07 AM

Hmmm...so once you use it that is it....you need a new one if you plan to upgrade your hdd again...

Ok - it clicked that time...I got it now. Thanks !

I need 5 of them all together 3 for the 1.0 & 1.1 and 1 for a 1.6...

Know anyone reasonable - honest? I had a site, but lost the link... were only 10 bucks there...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users