414 replies to this topic

#406 doeman

doeman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:24 PM

Hey guys, just a few days ago i pulled the trigger on XBL service. I have a legit unmodded Box and a softmodded one with Krayzie's Ndure v.1.1.

I setup the XBL account on the legit unmodded box and was able to play XBL on it fine. I then transferred the account to the modded box via mem card. Cold Booted Halo 2 on there and was able to read the new XBL account.

I keep getting the error message that i have no connection though, Any ideas what's going on? I know for a fact that there is a connection and it works fine through XBMC all the time. I have no idea what it's trying to do in coolboot state. Help me out, thanks.

#407 CanadianMountie

CanadianMountie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:59 PM

Great topic. Read many of the pages but not all of them. I have a more specific problem anyway. I just moved to Canada and brought along my European xbox. So far I found out that I can only connect it to my TV if I get it modded so that it sends a NTSC signal to the TV instead of PAL (European standard). According to the tutorial here I have to switch of the Modchip before connecting to live. However, I guess if I turn of the Modchip I also loose the NTSC signal?
Any comments or help on this problem? I really have no clue how to solve this. And I am really not keen on buying a second one

#408 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 June 2007 - 12:31 AM

Disabling your chip will not revert your console back to PAL. The changes will stay.

#409 rizer

rizer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:46 AM

hi, if let's say when i played backup copy my network cable is not plugged in as i did found out achievement is actually part of M$ plan to check on modded firmware and when i played online i use original game

so does this makes me valunerable to M$ check?

#410 General Klinger

General Klinger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:35 PM

Okay, I was trying to make sense of the help in this thread but I didn't find a direct answer. I currently have a modded XBox with the Xecuter 2 Chip. I can sign on live fine when I boot without the chip on. I read that I would get banned from XBox live if they detect a larger HDD. I read that I need to move some files to "lock" the drive, but I can't find any specific answers. Thanks for the assistance smile.gif

Brad

#411 undftd_bape

undftd_bape

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE(vashanime04 @ Nov 20 2005, 07:28 PM) View Post

Cold boot means that you

1. Turn on your Xbox ,Put in an original game(no backups) in the Drive
2. Turn off your xbox
3. Turn the Xbox back on

You have successfully done a cold boot and now can go on Xbox live tongue.gif

so if I go on xbox live on my softmodded xbox with an original game (mainly Halo 3) it should be fine? and there will not be much of a risk of getting banned?

#412 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,743 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(undftd_bape @ Mar 14 2008, 09:46 PM) View Post

so if I go on xbox live on my softmodded xbox with an original game (mainly Halo 3) it should be fine? and there will not be much of a risk of getting banned?

this refers to xbox, not xbox360, if you want to make sure your safe to play h3 on live check in the 360 Live forums

#413 Haloboy

Haloboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:11 AM

I have a softmodded xbox with unleashx installed can i play on live i have heard mixed answers.I am trying to download halo 2's blastacular map pack and either need to ftp the files or download them through xbl. I have tried AWSK's installer and the maps crash back to the map selection screen b4 starting so i need to find a way to get these maps running.

Edited by Haloboy, 13 April 2008 - 03:14 AM.

#414 Haloboy

Haloboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE(Haloboy @ Apr 12 2008, 10:47 PM) View Post

I have a softmodded xbox with unleashx installed can i play on live i have heard mixed answers.I am trying to download halo 2's blastacular map pack and either need to ftp the files or download them through xbl. I have tried AWSK's installer and the maps crash back to the map selection screen b4 starting so i need to find a way to get these maps running.
got em had to install update thanks ogrizzle.Still wanna know if i can use xbl though.

#415 andwan0

andwan0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:04 PM

Just wondering, you talked about switching off the modchip. What about users who have soft modded their XBOX1, what will happen if we connect to live?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users