Lohan79

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Gaming<br />Skating<br />Guitar Playing
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 July 2004 - 11:54 AM

Alright working on my 4th box now and having a bit of trouble getting the hack to actually work and load evox.

I got a hold of another xbox v1.? I think it's a 1.0 but I haven't checked yet since I couldn't get the hack working yet. I downgraded the dash since it was a recent factory referb to (I think 4290 from slayers.) an older dash. I plan on flashing the TSOP later.

So I got quite a few of the font hacks from the usuals (reloaded, freex, dayx, bigfonts, etc.) I've been using the signed evox from the freex package I even tried the latest evox and signing it. I've put in both a default and evoxdash file just to make sure one of the hacks doesn't look for a different file and then switching out the fonts just to see which one I can get to actually work. Unfortunatly none yet.

I'm using the HDDriver and the hotswap method to insert the files and change the name of the of the online folder to skin so I can run evox. I've tried renaming the fonts to the xbox book and xbox xtf I've left them the same I've completely deleted everything and replaced it again but have not had much luck.
I'm just getting the standard xbox error screen saying it needs to be repaired. It acts like it wants to run but then goes to the error.

Any ideas??

#2 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:13 PM

Are you sure the dashboard is a 4920 one? Anyway I would rather go for the UDE instead of using those old fonts. It doesn't even require a downgrade of the dash. You also have to make sure the kernel is not higher than 5530 otherwise it wouldn't even be posible to install a font or audio hack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users