• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dressel11

dressel11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 08:06 PM

can you use an xenium solderless adapter to connect the smartxx chip to the motherboard (were the oinheader would normally connect) and then just solder the DO point were you would solder it in a pinheader install.

P.S. Does the network setings on the smartxx allow you to connect to your pc without using evox or anyother third party software?

#2 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 July 2004 - 03:19 AM

Bridge the d0 and the corresponding 4th LPC on the pin header socket... On the SmartXX

#3 AE6689

AE6689

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 04:19 PM

If you haven't bought your SmartXX yet then you can go to modstore.com and get one bundled with a solderless adapter, with 4th LPC and d0 connector already bridged.

#4 Fish Taco

Fish Taco

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 July 2004 - 11:55 PM

I tried the solderless adapter, I ended up soldering the pinheader and backside D0.

Just solder the thing, you'll end up with a better result.

#5 hytek369

hytek369

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 July 2004 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (AE6689 @ Jul 4 2004, 06:19 PM)
If you haven't bought your SmartXX yet then you can go to modstore.com and get one bundled with a solderless adapter, with 4th LPC and d0 connector already bridged.

yep, worked for me

#6 pROvIs

pROvIs

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 July 2004 - 01:34 AM

hands down noobs are more comfortable with solderless solutions than solder ones but they dont create the best results and often have problems. i have had to help quite a few frustraited users in the smartxx support channel with modified smartxxs to work with the solderless adapter more often than not they end up just soldering the thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users