3 replies to this topic

#1 Darkknight1201

Darkknight1201

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 10:37 PM

I have a chameleon modchip one of those cheap a$$ ones from EB2k wish I would have never bought it. Anyways I went to swap my xbox the board and everything in a new case and I went to put the modchip back in and boot it up and I get a black and white screen with the X and the word xbox. It doesn't say MS at all at the bottom, but after a few sec later it goes to a MS error screen, number 16 which means there is something up with the dashboard, but I have a working dashboard on the hard drive and I tried booting it off a boot disk that I know works but still the same error. when I remove the chameleon from the soderless adaptor and try to boot it, I get a blue screen power is going through the system but there is no audio video coming out. Anyone have any ideas of what is going on with it?

#2 The_Dogg

The_Dogg

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:12 PM

I have almost the same problem, but it didn't happen the same way.

I started having problems with my xbox (resetted 3 times when it booted than flashing red-green) I notice that the wire on the modchip was broken, so I weld it back on, and now Im having error 16 when I boot up, and can't boot the Evox cd or and original xbox game.

I haven't changed the board or the chip, nothing.

Hope someone can help on this! smile.gif

#3 christineyoung

christineyoung

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:06 PM

black/white screen could be due to eeprom on the new motherboard.

dashboard error can also occur from a corrupted harddrive, or bad install.

But i would focus more on making sure all connections are secure and proper d0 is used.

also if this is a 1.4 or 1.5 box, you will need to wire power from xbox to chamelion and possible add a groudn cable.

#4 The_Dogg

The_Dogg

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:35 PM

ok here is what I found:
Error 16 = Time Loop bug

whatever you did your system time was lost, so the xbox wants to set that before doing anything else but it can't find your msdashboard.xbe

so you need to upload the msdashboard.xbe to your xbox

I get Error 16! What do I do?
Error 16... EXPLAINED...
Yes, it is a DASH ERROR, but it is due to the TIME
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
NORMAL BOOT PROCESS:
1.Xbox turns on
2. several checks are done for hardware, incuding RAM, HD, and DVD-DRIVE, just to test if they are present
3.Xbox checks SYSTEM TIME -> if no time is found -> boot dash off hard drive to set time
4. Xbox looks for default.xbe on DISC, if it is not found, goto 5
5. Xbox boots dash off of Hard drive

What is happening in your case:
1.Xbox turns on
2. several checks are done for hardware, incuding RAM, HD, and DVD-DRIVE, just to test if they are present
3.Xbox checks SYSTEM TIME ->TIME NOT FOUND -> Xbox tries to launch dash off of hard drive -> DASH NOT FOUND-> ERROR 16 - DASH ERROR

The fix:
Put back in your OLD drive (the one with the dash's still on it)
Set the time
Swap the drives without physically unplugging the xbox.
(thanks heinrich)
Another in-depth error 16 tutorial
http://forums.xbox-s...=ST&f=3&t=53268
(thanks OcnewB)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users